Randomness X: Glitter, Wolves, and Mighty Thews

Last Knight

Candy Corn is a perfectly adult breakfast...

...for numerous species of insects.

Laugh it up griffon.  I merely view your disdain for my candy corn as less competition.  ::P:

*pokes head in*

Did I hear the magical words..."candy corn"? :wub: :wub:

hands OneBoot one of his bags of candy corn. Brach's of course.

• Like 3

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning all!

Happy to see the forums are back up and running! Thanks ReaperBryan!

Am now awake. For a certain value of awake. Now to get moving and drive to NH to help my folks clear some stuff from the attic. I know I'll be coming home with at least a camp cot and my great grand fathers bible boxes. I'll have to see what else we can find.

Bible boxes?? That sounds potentially interesting...
They are basically chests with my great grandfather's name stenciled in them. He used to have a traveling ministry and they are what he would ship his supply of bibles in.

I am now going through boxes of old books. Two paper bags of illustrated classics from Books INC Boston and New York. Far as I can tell those were printed in 1940, though there is no copyright info. I have also come across a book titled "The Wife" from 1804. It appears to be some sort of marriage advice book. It was printed without the letter S; they use the letter F in its place.

I believe that a great many of these books will be coming home with me.

• Like 10

Alton Brown has a candy corn recipe! I wanna try it. The good candy corn has that unique texture without tasting like you're eating a candle....

-

Also.... Frands....! Such good friends here. ;A; While I did not need the cheerleading, I greatly appreciated it. :wub:

On my high days, I really do feel like my brain would explode if I didn't write all my ideas down, haha!

I think the part that frustrates me is that what I see in my head doesn't translate well on paper. We'll see how sculpting works.... Just gotta practice!

I'm putting my contract job on hold for now. We've been working hard to save money, and this should give me about 10 hours a week back, which I can dedicate to practicing art!! ^_^

• Like 11

... a candy corn flavored Hershey bar. ...

That seems added insult to injury ...

Looked this up since I've never seen them.  Here's a snack size bag:

81WacXcUO6L._SX522_.jpg

I think they're grasping on this one.  Some people really like them, though.

I was really hoping it would be more like white chocolate.  I'm one of those idiots that will try anything once.

• Like 3

I've seen Alton Brown's candy corn recipe on Good Eats... That looked mostly palatable, and similar to fondant-based candies. I'm not a big fan of that type of candy to begin with, so I'm not sure that the improved version would be that exciting.

Speaking of Alton Brown, his fruitcake recipe is amazing and I've been procrastinating about starting some. ^_^

• Like 5

Erifnogard---based on some comments in the 'Conversions, presentations, and terrain' section, I think Kev! might want to see you do some work on your many different projects.

I'm inclined to agree. :upside:

I work in geologic time scales. In those terms, I'll get right on that.
  • Like 5

It was a battle Royal I say.. A mighty wack, a feint to dislodge the bow arm..clack it fell to the desk.

A quick and mighty swipe, and in one motion it was held back in place.  One tedious suspenseful minute passed,

I let go, and instantly the bow arm lay before me again !!!  &*%&$## (Deleted)...Let bow and arm dry, file off dried glue! ...tweezers, green stuff mini ball rolled and prepared..attach to both arm spaces....Superglue (Tada), and finally.. the two booger armed Male Ranger with bow is drying !

I have the sword to attach, and most of the base to remove.  I'll wait for after the base pins to attach his sword.  It'll only get bent in the

prep process.  This has been one of those MAJOR pain miniatures.  Its exquisite, but so very delicate! 

• Like 11

It was a battle Royal I say.. A mighty wack, a feint to dislodge the bow arm..clack it fell to the desk.

A quick and mighty swipe, and in one motion it was held back in place.  One tedious suspenseful minute passed,

I let go, and instantly the bow arm lay before me again !!!  &*%&$## (Deleted)...Let bow and arm dry, file off dried glue! ...tweezers, green stuff mini ball rolled and prepared..attach to both arm spaces....Superglue (Tada), and finally.. the two booger armed Male Ranger with bow is drying !

I have the sword to attach, and most of the base to remove.  I'll wait for after the base pins to attach his sword.  It'll only get bent in the

prep process.  This has been one of those MAJOR pain miniatures.  Its exquisite, but so very delicate! 

This has been my solution for flimsy mini parts for years now.

Now...which mini is bothering you like this???

• Like 3

A quick and mighty swipe, and in one motion it was held back in place. One tedious suspenseful minute passed,

I let go, and instantly the bow arm lay before me again !!! &*%&$## (Deleted)...Let bow and arm dry, file off dried glue! ...tweezers, green stuff mini ball rolled and prepared..attach to both arm spaces....Superglue (Tada), and finally.. the two booger armed Male Ranger with bow is drying !

I have the sword to attach, and most of the base to remove. I'll wait for after the base pins to attach his sword. It'll only get bent in the

prep process. This has been one of those MAJOR pain miniatures. Its exquisite, but so very delicate!

DSM male ranger?

Paint First!!!!!!

Painful personal experience. ..

• Like 4