Randomness X: Glitter, Wolves, and Mighty Thews

Last Knight

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I get a do-over of the entire weekend?

Only if I can, too.

Would it be much different for you, CW? At this point, you're at a constant Monday as far as I can tell. Sympathies.

Oh yeah, good point. :down: 

It has just now occurred to me that I have worked every single day since I got back from my Reapercon vacation.

(ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES CW A DULL BOY)

I'm almost to the point where I no longer know, or care, what day it is.

It almost feels like I'm on deployment again.

Woah... Isn't that illegal?

Um...1492? The Alamo? JFK?

If I didn't have this nice badge with my name and picture on it, I wouldn't even be sure who I was....

Thankfully I'm not hosting turkey day this year, though i am going to 2 different ones. A Friendsgiving on turkey day itself, and then at my aunts the next day.  SO MUCH FOOD! Friendsgiving is going to be very non-traditional. (Roast?) Duck and dumplings.

Friendsgiving can be really cool!

When I was stationed in Italy, we had a bunch of people over to our apartment. My roommate and I made chili and cornbread, the Italians brought lasagna and bruschetta (SP?),  the Scottish girls brought Haggis, and I'm not certain if I ever knew what the dish that the Romanians brought was, but it tasted great!

Still one of the most memorable Thanksgiving dinners I've had.

So I made a Reaper order today. What did I forget to add?

Superglue?

That's what I was gonna say, too.

• Like 6

Tomorrow there will be a large amount of money leaving my checking account. Tomorrow there will also be a small amount of money going into my checking account.

Depending on the order in which these two things happen, Jack may end up eating a $30 overdraft fee because traffic in Mudsuck, Iowa was bad and some random cube-farm drone got back from their lunch earlier than another one... :devil: 

On a more positive note, Jack doesn't have very many teeth still left for the universe to kick him in, so it should stop doing it eventually... :zombie:

• Like 2

See you on the hangouts tonight, David?

Probably. I could certainly use the company. Also some bacon... and a biscuit... and more coffee...
Sorry...

No worries! It's weird, I don't mind it really in person, but in writing I always prefer David. I know I got that from my Mum, she was always very strident about it. Also, in my early school days there were 3 of us in the same class, so I was David, and the others were Davy and Dave.

Is it time to go home yet? I've got stuff to do...

Your comment reminds me of my college friends, Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave and Dave. To make it worse, Dave W. was usually hanging around with Dave W. in the CS department, while Dave S. and Dave S. were roommates in the same suite. (Dave J. was a bit of an outlier.)

For a while Dave was calling me often enough that I could guess when it was him (This was in the Dark Ages before cell phones gave away caller ID as a matter of routine.), pick up the phone and answer... Dave? The only time I missed, it was the wrong Dave.

When I was at university, there was one time that I was in the CS common room with Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave and Geoff. Then Dave walked in. That was less than half of the Daves who were regularly in that common room. The whiteboard in there often had messages like "We are the Dave, you will be assimilated" on it.

• Like 7

When I was in CS there was a guy named Dave Knott. We therefore began our Dave naming system to be Dave0 and Davei, in honor of our math classes.  ::D:

We never did figure out how to tell the Richards apart by name.  Somehow no one wanted to be the Dick.  :;):

My first boss after I got out of the Navy was named Richard. I couldn't use the shortened version of his name, so I always called him 'boss'.

• Like 8

Despite being a somewhat uncommon name, there were three Seans (well, two Seans and a Shawn) in my 7th grade class of about a hundred kids... And yet only two Mikes, one Dan and two Steves...

And people always make jokes about having an evil twin, but it's not nearly as funny when it happens to you - there's a guy in this area who has the same first and last name as I do, despite neither of them being particularly common... His middle initial is M and mine is G.

When I was younger, we used to get their family's mail. By the time I was in high school, I started getting this guy's arrest reports taped to my desk. This guy has almost gotten me into fights, nearly fired from jobs, and about a thousand other shades of grief - usually started when someone comes up to me and says, "So, you're X... I've heard of you..."

He has a long history of drug-related offenses, as well as DUI, driving an unregistered car with a suspended license, petty theft...

I keep a newspaper article about him in my wallet...

It's the one they wrote about him getting arrested...

For robbing a bank.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 8

Fuuuuuuuuuudgebuckets.

Dr. upped my eldest's medicine by 5mg. There is no generic equivalent at that dose (25mg) so name brand would be >$200 a month. :blink:

I can't afford that. :down:

Any other comments I'd make are Beekeepers territory.

Tell your doctor you're going to need that as two pills out of the generic formulary that add up to the correct milligram amount.

• Like 4

Welp, now I have to call my insurance to find out what they'll cover. <_<

This... irritates.

Sympathy like. ::(: I hope you are able to get things figured out. :down:

So I made a Reaper order today.  What did I forget to add?

The same thing I forgot to add to my last Reaper order: some of the new Bones superglue. Which reminds me.... EDIT: Actually, I can't find it on the site. Am I just not finding it, or has it not even been added yet?

So far today I've folded the laundry, painted 40 things (they were all drybrushed dungeon tiles, but hey, Imma count them ::D:) and had a nice long chat with a friend. Been a good day so far. ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 8