Randomness X: Glitter, Wolves, and Mighty Thews

Last Knight

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was in CS there was a guy named Dave Knott. We therefore began our Dave naming system to be Dave0 and Davei, in honor of our math classes.  ::D:

We never did figure out how to tell the Richards apart by name.  Somehow no one wanted to be the Dick.  :;):

My first boss after I got out of the Navy was named Richard. I couldn't use the shortened version of his name, so I always called him 'boss'.

We called them "Rich". :;):

Tell your doctor you're going to need that as two pills out of the generic formulary that add up to the correct milligram amount.

That doesn't always help, some drugs they charge enough per pill that two smaller pills might be just as expensive. This can also apply when you're decreasing the dosage, and it's, um, "frustrating". <_<

• Like 5

I figured out how to fix my acid reflux problem: take more medicine. Acid tummy gone.

I'd still recommend you get it checked out (says the kettle :unsure: ). My dad ignored his for years and when he finally got it looked at was diagnosed with GERD. He was nearly at the point of needing surgery due to the damage that the acid had done to his lower esophagus. :unsure:

*snippity snip snip*

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

I agree with OneBoot. I've had GERD for years (diagnosed at 21) and take 40 mg of Omeprazole a day (Prilosec). If I don't the pain is unbearable.

Get. Checked. Out.

Yes ma'ams  :blink:

I actually have been to the doctor about it though; that was when I was prescribed Prilosec. Its just that lately I've been rather stressed, and 20mg wasn't doing to the trick. 

Marital aids?

rXOdnPX.jpg

There are reasons I don't go to beekeepers.

So, at first I thought those were tampons. And was like, what kind of super absorbent tampon is wiggly like that....

• Like 9

The Ghost in the Shell trailer looks good. No idea if it is true to the anime but I'm in.

Agreed, looks awesome!

I'm not an anime fan so I have no idea what it's about so it looks like a fun entertaining sci-fi flick to me!

I'm a huge fan of the GITS animes, and while I saw more than a few references to the 2 main timeline GITS movies, I'm not sure I'll be a fan of the live action. I don't mind that they cast ScarJo as Motoko, but I didn't like the look of the guy they have playing Batou. For one, Batou doesn't have a beard, ever. For two, his eyes seem off, and in at least one part of the trailer they're actually normal eyes and not his JSDF Rangers supplied cybereyes, which you never see him without in anything. Then there's the "You're the first of your kind" and "We saved you" statements to Motoko, which to me make it seem like they're saying she's the the first full cyborg or something, when that's most certainly not the case in any of the GITS works. She was young when she was first put in a full body prosthesis and it was in their early days, but she wasn't the first.

The storyline it seems like they're trying to convey is one of Motoko trying to recover her memories of her past, which is somewhat in line with parts of previous works in the series. That they have Kuze in there as well hopefully means they're going to borrow parts of the story from GITS:SAC:2nd Gig, which had an entire episode dealing with Motoko's past(though not explicitly called out as her, it's so heavily implied that it can't be anyone else) and her connection to Kuze, which was built up for the rest of the series until the very end. So here's hoping it's actually something decent, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up as another Aeon Flux(Which I'm also a fan of but hated the movie).

Beat Takeshi playing Aramaki looks really good though. They pretty much nailed his hair in the most realistic way possible, and his height is fitting. Much of what makes Aramaki so great in my mind is that he's a short man, and his lack of physical size belies his actual power and abilities. It makes people seem to underestimate him. Though that's probably just projection on my part.

And all this talk made me remember that I still haven't watched GITS:Arise. One of these days I need to get around to it...

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 3

I used to run a Traveller game for Andy, Andy and Andy.  I think they were a little disappointed that I wasn't called Andy too.

They should've made you an honourary Andy!

they could have written it on the bottom of your boot

The Ghost in the Shell trailer looks good. No idea if it is true to the anime but I'm in.

Agreed, looks awesome!

I'm not an anime fan so I have no idea what it's about so it looks like a fun entertaining sci-fi flick to me!

you really should watch the original if you enjoy good cyberpunk sci-fi. Forget anime it's just an awesome movie.

• Like 7

Agreed, looks awesome!

You missed out on the standard issue big gun! Shame!
  • Like 3

Another day with headache, sneezing and muscle pain all over..

Luckily I have to work!

*** Snirf, cough***

Painkillers not working...want to sleep instead of fixing troubles and taking care of things.

***Snirf***

Fuuuuuuuuuudgebuckets.

Dr. upped my eldest's medicine by 5mg. There is no generic equivalent at that dose (25mg) so name brand would be >$200 a month. :blink:

I can't afford that. :down:

Any other comments I'd make are Beekeepers territory.

Any chance to talk to the doctor if this is really nessecary and explain the situation?

Maybe something can be done about the kind of dose?

So I made a Reaper order today.  What did I forget to add?

You forgot to wait for the 12 days of Reaper so you could get extra minis?

• Like 6

So I made a Reaper order today.  What did I forget to add?

You forgot to wait for the 12 days of Reaper so you could get extra minis?

When does that usually start? I know it's December, but is it early or mid?

I've seen it start from like 7 december to 18 december  or starting at 5 december. So pretty early I would say.

• Like 2