Sign in to follow this  
Ithaqua

Ithaqua's Painted Bones Miniatures

Here are some of my finished Bones miniatures... Newest ones at the end.

First off...   IMEF Nick Stone from the Reaper Kickstarter...  

IMEF2_zpsac3bec0f.jpg

IMEF3_zpsaa2dd229.jpg

I just noticed that I forgot to paint his chin strap, have to go back and fix that :/

The sculpted bases fit nicely on a 25mm base, or inside a 30mm round-lip base.

I got to use some of the new Kickstarter paints on this.  His uniform is Stone Grey highlighted with Alien Flesh.  The leather is Lonestar Leather, and the blue is Denim Blue.

This is the first mini of the futuristic sci-fi skirmish/rpg game I'm starting to work on.

Edited by Ithaqua
  • Like 17

Here are some more Bones from the kickstarter...

Vampire_zpsa31e9c72.jpg

I'm using the ghoul as a feral vampire in Mordhiem. He was quickly painted using the vampire skin triad from the kickstarter. the skeletons were painted using the bone colors also from the kickstarter.

Edited by Ithaqua
  • Like 14

And here we got a Witch hired sword for Mordheim. Also from the Reaper Kickstarter.

Witch2_zpsf5dda5be.jpg

Edited by Ithaqua
  • Like 13

Ahh the middle skeleton's shield is just painted bronze without any red or blue. I tried out Vallejo's verdigris glaze on it in spots which left a whitish/verdigris chalkiness on it.

Good stuff, I particularly like the ghoul/vampire.

The middle skeleton seems to have something odd going on with his shield though.

Stealing that ghoul color scheme...it would have never occured to me.

Ahh the middle skeleton's shield is just painted bronze without any red or blue. I tried out Vallejo's verdigris glaze on it in spots which left a whitish/verdigris chalkiness on it.

Love the middle skeletons shield, looks like a nasty'ol penny

I haven't posted in a while... but here is an undead barrow warden the from the new bones KS I painted up.  I was trying to go for the rusty "fresh from the grave" look...

Sk01_zps7lg42lgg.jpg

Sk02_zpsukjftdk6.jpg

• Like 8

Here is a simple Prairie Tick Queen that I painted to use as a giant bombardier beetle for a low-level D&D adventure.

GBB01_zpsvpxhzo8s.jpg

• Like 8

Nice stuff. I like the white flesh on the feral vampire, white is difficult to work with. May I ask how you did the rusty effect on the Barrow Warden? It is quite nice and I want to steal it!

Thanks!

@stormbreach... This is a pretty simple and quick rust effect I use a lot, mostly on my 40k orks and vehicles.  First black spray primer.  Then paint a very dark brown as a base.  This time I used the new Reaper HD Umber Brown from the Kickstarter mixed in with a little black.  Next I used a rust wash made from Americana Craft Paint Light Cinnamon and water, painted just in the recesses, and also to paint a few streaks.  Then a light drybrush of a dark metallic paint, I can't remember which one I used, it was a new Vallejo I picked up (Reaper Shadow Steel will work).  For this mini I also added a couple splotches of green to give it a mouldy/mossy look.

• Like 1