Sign in to follow this  
Dalthius

Reaper Painting Classes

I live about 45 minutes from the Reaper facility. Does anybody know if they offer classes of any sort? I remember they offered classes during ReaperCon, but I was away for work and could not make it. Before I start painting all these Bones and Darklands minis, I sure would like some real, hands-on, over-the-shoulder instruction. There's only so much one can learn from a video or a book; and most of the videos do not really take the time to show every step or explain things all that well. It is more like...here's paint, here's a mini, and...voila!

I don't think they have classes, but I know they do meet at Reaper for a paint club weekly and some excellent painters are in the club.

Check out the Learn to Paint Kits. In actual order: 1, 2, 4, 5, 3 (as said by many on these forums).

I recently painted my first one from the LTPK1 (in the show off thread section) and had a good time doing it and following the directions. They are step-by-step.

There are also step-by-step tutorials on these forums. The one I really enjoyed was by BugLips, he takes you through numerous minis the way he paints them up and discusses his results with the rest of the readers.

• Like 1

Weekly paint club at 12 noon - 4 p.m. Saturdays at Reaper HQ. Occasionally there might be a field trip or a local gaming event might move the painting to a different area of the warehouse, but it's a fairly consistent thing!

There are MANY willing and helpful people in attendance

I don't think they have regular classes but since you live nearby keep an eye out for Reapercon in April. There will be lots of classes there.

Your best bet is to swing by Saturdays from noon to 4PM for paint club. It's free and Anne and myself are available to give you any instruction you want/need.

• Like 4

I may have to try out the paint club because it may be the only chance I get to paint. Still waiting for a chance to work on Step 3 of my L2PK1. :/

BTW, what is the #1 rule of Paint Club?

• Like 1

BTW, what is the #1 rule of Paint Club?

There is no Paint Club!

In the case of Paint Club, the rule is; tell everyone

• Like 1

All you folks that live close to Reaper suck, you know that?

1200 miles away, in West Virginia,I have a single LGS, which I won't go to due to them not being very friendly, and no paint club around. I don't even really have many gaming groups around that are anything other than Magic and Warhammer.

But you folks by Reaper? You've got an awesome game shop that has game nights and paint nights and all sorts of stuff. To be fair, it's a company-owned store and so only stocks one brand of minis and paints, but it's still a store with a good community built up around it. And to top it off, you get to pick the brains of the people behind everything there. Just try doing that at any other company-owned store!

• Like 1

To be fair, it's a company-owned store and so only stocks one brand of minis and paints,

I can admit I haven't seen any other company's paint for sale there, however I cannot say the same for other company's miniatures.

I have seen and purchased miniatures from other companies at the Reaper Game Store.

• Like 4

If you are in the area definitely stop in on a Saturday for paint club. It's great conversation, a lot of painting and people you can bounce ideas off of. We really don't bite, well most of us don't.