Stretchy Chainmail Dice Bags by Nicholas Taylor

Ellusionist

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this on KS.

If I didn't already have a chainmail dice bag actually made by a co-worker for me (a double-ringed nice one) I'd prolly be in for another Kickstarter.

I really need to stay out of this forum.

Oh, those are cute.

I'm not sure I need one, though.

My thirty-year-old gold curtain brocade dice bag disintegrated last year. My husband suggested I substitute a drawstring gift bag I had made from an astronauts-and-ufos cotton print, which it turned out was a clever distraction for him to get me a lovely black one decorated with spiders and webs and glow-in-the-dark skull beads.

• Like 3

I do like these...but I game at home (one of many benefits to being DM) and my dice collection is a bit large to use such a bag...I have boxes, bins, buckets...I even have a nut-bowl of dice.

Still, I like these. Hmm.

If I hadn't already figured out how to knit scale-mail dice bags I might be tempted. ^_^

Then you should setup an Etsy account and get cracking. That would be a cool backup or a present for my daughter. *nods* Yeah.

• Like 1

If I hadn't already figured out how to knit scale-mail dice bags I might be tempted. ^_^

Then you should setup an Etsy account and get cracking. That would be a cool backup or a present for my daughter. *nods* Yeah.

There are lots of Etsy shops that sell knitted scale dice bags, I just couldn't bring myself to pay the premium to have someone else knit it for me. (My wrists also couldn't handle the output required to start a shop of my own.) If you're having trouble finding one, try the search term "knitted scale maille dice bag". And if you want to persuade a knitter you know, The Ring Lord is the manufacturer of the scales most people use.

• Like 1

• Members

I probably have everything here to make a scale one.. i just need to finish learning to do scale.. chain I'm familiar with

Of course I'm about to head to some really good shopping for this kind of thing for 2 weeks so...

Edited by SamuraiJack
  • Like 1

I probably have everything here to make a scale one.. i just need to finish learning to do scale.. chain I'm familiar with

Of course I'm about to head to some really good shopping for this kind of thing for 2 weeks so...

Pennsic?

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By knarthex
      So....
      Cinder didn't work out for my return to hobbying, so I decided to try something a bit less ambitious....

Reading back through past projects, I saw one of the hangout minis of the month was Blacktounge, Gnoll Ranger from Reaper, and remembered that I had picked up this set at a paint day with the New England Miniatures folks at the Citadel games store....

I figure if I can follow my old WIP, I won't be stressing to much, and I will have another figure to add to the Frostgrave warband that was started so long ago,,,,

So the 2 got assembled and puttied, and now the never ending search for minor mold lines can begin when the putty is dry...

thanks for taking a look!
      Wish me luck!!!!

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Brutogg Corpse-Eater, my first finished adventurer from the game Cursed City by Games Workshop.

Had a lot of fun painting this guy, I experimented by giving him grey-hued skin to represent his unhealthy eating habits (he eats zombies) and it worked better than I thought it would.
      Annoyingly though, I had to leave the bits under his coat unpainted (just couldn't get a brush up there), nobody will notice unless they turn him upside down, but it still bothers me that he's technically "Unfinished".

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Mckenna35
      I know there are a few folks that do Bolt Action and similar 28mm wargaming (@buglips), so I thought I'd bounce this out there.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tftb/world-war-ii-soviet-railroad?ref=discovery_recommendations

Story
      Railroads are an important means to transport troops, equipment, ammunition and all other kinds of supply to the front. Especially in a country as vast as the Soviet Union with it's endless steppes, only few reliable roads and no major rivers running in the direction of the German advance during Operation Barbarossa in World War II. 
      With this set of detailed buildings and rolling stock in 1/56 scale for 28mm figures you get the opportunity to recreate the crucial fighting around the Soviet railroad system.
      The kits focus on the major pieces of rolling stock available to the Soviet defenders: box cars, gondola cars and flat cars. And the mighty ALCo RSD-1 Diesel Engine which was made available under the US Lend-Lease Act.
      Also included is a typical rural train station with optional additional platforms for all who want to depict a Soviet - or captured German - supply depot, where heavy equipment like tanks and guns are being unloaded.
      And for all of you looking for an armored train - don't worry! We have you covered.
        Talking about railroad tracks:
      We did not see the need to reinvent the wheel, so all kits are designed to be used with
      4Ground Railroad Tracks (available as add-ons to the Kickstarter) or O Gauge Model Railroad Tracks The kits include optional parts enabling you to choose your favorite system while assembling. Going this route has allowed us to concentrate on designing and producing the rolling stock only, which has the advantage of an earlier fulfillment date for the Kickstarter.
      All models are highly detailed on the outside and inside. The interiors are easily accessible, as roofs are removable. In addition, all doors are moveable, which means you can open or close them during gameplay.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, I completed this Wizards of the Coast model today. This is a 88714, Goblin Scout of the Drazen's Horde faction. It's a Chainmail Miniatures model that was sculpted by Jerzy Montwill. The base is 20mm in diameter and I painted it with Reaper MSP paint.

• By Kangaroorex
      Another little piece that I am happy to finally have completed.  I love these monsters and they are often in my dungeons but rarely seen and never sought after.  Hunting these is like hunting the garbage collector, you only do it when you think you threw out something valuable.  But there have been a couple of points where I wished I had a miniature for it and now that's resolved.  Hope you like him... I named him Fred