Wrath of Kings

Smokestack

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My WoK order arrived rather unexpectedly this evening!  All of the correct boxes are there, though I haven't gone through everything (um... that may take a while).

What are some good options for filling in the recessed bases?  I know green stuff is an obvious choice, but what other materials are viable?  I didn't get the base inserts from the KS, so I'll need to find something else to mount the figures on.

Green Stuff is alright, but a bit pricey depending on how many bases you are going to do. I'm going to use Wood Filler/Putty to fill in my bases that I need filled. I'm still debating how complicated I'm going to go on the bases.

I received mine today, and got my shipping notice about 3 hours later. I've went through one of the starters so far. This is gonna take awhile.

I am loving the sculpts so far. So much more detail than I expected.

Edited by Doramos

I just finished assembling the Hadross Starter Set (sans KS bonuses), and I'm amazed at how well the components fit together.  There are some intricate pieces that are keyed very well, and I only have to modify maybe two components out of the entire set to achieve a proper fit.  I'm really looking forward to getting these painted up!

• Like 2

I've assembled 6 Union Workers + Boss, 6 Linesman + Defender and Mighty Taur so far, which makes the smallest sized army for the game.

The only real issue I've come across is the female Linesman has her arm keyed the wrong way round so you have to trim the peg or her arm points backwards, which certainly ain't right. Not a difficult fix and fits fine once the peg is modified but it's a pretty careless mistake to get right through to production. Flashbacks of the backwards foot from Relic Knights.

Mighty Taur from the Teknes bonus box is a huge figure, really impressed with him. About the size (and to be honest appearance) of a Warjack. There's a seam across the top of his armour which will need some putty and filing to clean up but considering the size and detail on him that's not a lot of work for that figure.

(Comparison pic: Taur, Union Worker, regular sized human Linesman)

DSC_0552_zps9bvn06kt.jpg

Edited by Nocturne
  • Like 3