A "Full-Sized" Thank You

gamerrev

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I too think the full bottles are what makes these a good deal. I bought all the Kits after pledging to the Bones Kickstarter last year, and learned to paint minis using those Kits. I bought them from various online retailers and brick and mortar retailers. All but one of the Kits came with full bottles. One Kit came with some full bottles plus sample pots. The sample pots were not only less paint but were partially dried out. But the full bottles from the rest of the Kits filled out my early start on Reaper paints. I went on to buy a ton more Reaper paints after learning to love using them from the full bottles in the Kits. It would have been a very different experience if all the Kits had only the half dried sample pots.

As I recall, the decision was largely driven by economics. It got to the point where it was cheaper just to use full bottles, presumably due to the bulk in which they order them, compared to the relatively small number of sample pots they would buy for the LTP kits.