Sign in to follow this  
gamerrev

A "Full-Sized" Thank You

Opening a recently ordered Learn to Paint #1 Kit, I was blown away to discover that rather than the samplers of the six paints, all the paints in the kit were full sized bottles. Some days are just good like that. Thank you, Reaper!

• Like 9

the LTPK used to have complete bottles, then the "sample" mini pots and now they come with complete bottles again

RPR08903_500.jpeg

08901_G.jpg

reaper-learn-to-paint-kit-5-600x600.jpg

Edited by Goblyn
  • Like 2

yeah. They really do need to update the pictures. of course they are planning on updating the line with new Bones min is so maybe then

It's like Reaper's best-kept secret. It's why the regulars keep recommending the kits to the newbies. They are a really good deal.

• Like 2

I think it's a good call they did away with sample sizes. Maybe it was just me, but those small pots seemed to have the colors dry up fairly quickly.

• Like 1

I too think the full bottles are what makes these a good deal. I bought all the Kits after pledging to the Bones Kickstarter last year, and learned to paint minis using those Kits. I bought them from various online retailers and brick and mortar retailers. All but one of the Kits came with full bottles. One Kit came with some full bottles plus sample pots. The sample pots were not only less paint but were partially dried out. But the full bottles from the rest of the Kits filled out my early start on Reaper paints. I went on to buy a ton more Reaper paints after learning to love using them from the full bottles in the Kits. It would have been a very different experience if all the Kits had only the half dried sample pots.

As I recall, the decision was largely driven by economics. It got to the point where it was cheaper just to use full bottles, presumably due to the bulk in which they order them, compared to the relatively small number of sample pots they would buy for the LTP kits.