Sign in to follow this  
Citrine

Hasslefree Old Couple

Here is a pretty quick paintjob of the old couple from Hasslefree. Since they will be villagers in any tabletop game we play, they only got my tabletop standard paintjob. The cat is from the crazy cat lady set I think.

post-4115-0-62578800-1374355935.jpg

post-4115-0-32427800-1374355937.jpg

post-4115-0-96539800-1374355938.jpg

post-4115-0-64711900-1374355940.jpg

• Like 16

I like your painted elder gentleman...I have the same figure and love it...My concept for a cute vignette piece is this old gent and one of the Reaper (Ladies of the Night) in the process of a business transaction under an old street lamp...I am currently painting both the old gent & the lady.

• Like 1

Pretty good likeness considering I didn't pose for the painting!

oh come on now... that model is much more spry than you are... ::P:

• Like 1

Thanks all for the nice and humorous comments. I do need to work on that photo fu, the highlights and the age lines became washed out. I just don't know if I have to buy a better camera, or if that dark blue background is just too much.

Thanks all for the nice and humorous comments. I do need to work on that photo fu, the highlights and the age lines became washed out. I just don't know if I have to buy a better camera, or if that dark blue background is just too much.

All of what follows assumes that you're trusting the automatic modes in your camera. If you're shooting in manual, you can fix the problems elsewise.

1) A dark background will cause your camera to increase the exposure to make the average "right" to its tiny little brain. Hence the overexposure of your subjects.

2) A blue background will cause your camera to think that the light is relatively blue (as, for instance, a portrait shot in shade), so the camera will compensate by shifting toward yellow.

The easiest way to fix both is to use a light-medium gray background instead. The other choice is to set a custom white balance and use exposure compensation (or fully manual exposure). Note that you can also fix these things to some extent in post processing, but you'll lose a bit if you do that.

• Like 1