Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Presenting the Sewer Golem (and his fishing buddy Cuttleberry) a monster from the game Twisted by Demented Games.
Took a surprisingly long time to paint considering it's all washes and drybrushing, but I had fun, that's the main thing.
As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
Trying something a little different this time. I've got a friend who loves JRR Tolkein and I thought he'd really appreciate a little diorama. Since I have to ship this, I need it small and durable.
Now, I get it that Bilbo's sword Sting glows bright when Goblins are near, but let's just say for this story it's glowing because danger is close. I have him in the stone henge area with a Wraith King coming around the bend. Let's just say this is about to get real...
Starting this on some foam board. I was going to use some chip board, but didn't want the glue and stuff I'd be using for the base to get soaked in and bend.
Using the extruded foam core for the stones. Carving them down was pretty fun. I'm thinking I might add some runes or something into them. I haven't primed them yet, so I still have time.
The ground terrain is kind of fun - I used spackle, glue, sand, and some burnt umber paint. I'll do some grass and floral additions to it. You can see on one of the pillars that I used a different mix to surround the stone. That was the filler without the paint added.
For the circles, I'll be leaving those open to put the minis into and can be taken out on their own. I'll be basing them to match the surrounding area, but Iike the idea of taking them out of the diorama when wanted.
Open for any and all suggestions here. We're still far from done.
After assembling the Graveyard Golem I decided I wanted to adjust the warp of the gates on the golem's back.
So using two copper staples, I shaped them to an arch and gouged a notch on each wing. Then cut the staple to leave a sharp point. After that, I insert the staple using pliers and force.
Next I will secure the wire to the gate posts with superglue and then shape the wire and wing to the desired warp. Once setup I will glue the wire to the remaining gate bars.
With the main new bars secured, I will intertwine some floral wire to dress up the bars and gate wings.
Stay tuned and Enjoy. Please stay safe.
Who's Online 21 Members, 1 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)