Some Talisman 1st and 3rd edition minis

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey all, I've been busy working on a large scale commission of 1st, 2nd and 3rd edition minis from the Talisman game here and there and I have some time to post the ones I've completed so far. Now th

Finished up the 3rd edition Wizard. Here he is below     As always, painted to match the character chard artwork as much as possible. The color theory was everywhere on this character card art,

Been a busy couple of months!  Don't want to overload this page with a ton of images so I'll just post one per day.   Today I'll start with the one I finished yesterday, the 3rd Edition Barbarian:  

Amazing work DS, really impressed and thanks for sharing them with us.

Personally I think these sculpts really lend themselves to a more cartoonish approach. And you've capitalized on that strength to totally offset the model's weaknesses.

Great job.

• Like 1

Finished up the 3rd edition Wizard. Here he is below

Talisman-3rd-Edition-Wizard_zps8fd111d3.

As always, painted to match the character chard artwork as much as possible. The color theory was everywhere on this character card art, which shows the painted version in this case as with the other 3rd edition character cards. I paint them to match as much as I can even though I would have chosen the colors much differently if it was me but hey, it is what it is. In the end you can't miss this figure on the game board! I think there's a piece of static grass that stuck to the mini before photographing. Which is odd since I didn't use any! Have to pluck that off now that I see it.

Wow, you really are getting the most out of those old single piece sculpts. Really inspiring work on these.

Hey thank you, I paint my commissions as if they were going into my own collection. Glad you're inspired my friend that's a good way to be.

Amazing work DS, really impressed and thanks for sharing them with us.

Personally I think these sculpts really lend themselves to a more cartoonish approach. And you've capitalized on that strength to totally offset the model's weaknesses.

Great job.

Thank you and you're very welcome. They do indeed, what with the vivid colors and bold broad expanses of sculpted areas. I like that part that you said about capitalizing on that strength, very nice way of putting the sentiment, thank you for that!

Ok will be over a month until I update this post, then I will update it with 4 more minis next month. Have another big project to tackle that's going to eat up my paintin' time this month. Until then, happiness and prosperity be your ever present companions.

Sean

• Like 19

ik_wow.gif ...Wow

Thanks!

Great work Sean, I saw the original artwork and I like the way you painted the cape and all the other subtle details.

That's going to be an amazing collection.

Thank you, the collection is going to be nuts when it's all done. Going to take awhile there's like 80 figures or something crazy like that, but after all is done it will be one-of-a-kind, I'm super enthused for the day when it's all done

Fantastic work on his robe.

Thank you very much, much obliged

Just wanted to chime in with a fantastic job there, especially the NMM on the barbarian for example. Great stuff.

Hey I appreciate it, thank you.

Holy..... That wizard is awesome!

Alright, awesome is what I'm shooting for, thanks!

That wizard rules. Marvelous weathering on the sword.

Thank you, it was easy, one day I'll do a workup of how I paint metallics when I get better at them I still feel like I need to unlock more mysteries of metallics first

Edited by Darkstar
  • Like 2
  • 5 months later...

Been a busy couple of months!  Don't want to overload this page with a ton of images so I'll just post one per day.   Today I'll start with the one I finished yesterday, the 3rd Edition Barbarian:

Talisman-Barbarian-3rd-Edition-Darkstar_

More to come tomorrow and so on, I've painted quite a few but haven't got around to posting any of that work until now.  Now that things have finally settled down after the holiday whirlwind I can get back to my "e-life".

• Like 18