Darsc Zacal

When Funded Kickstarters Go Bad.

Step three.... Get attacked by plasma beings.

I literally LOL'd at this. Thanks. That might have just made my day. ::):

~v

Another version of same story: http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2015/06/feds-take-first-action-against-canceled-kickstarter-project/

It's nice to know that the law is finally paying attention to what COULD be considered fraud; with KS, intent is difficult to prove, but at least the law is paying attention now.

• Like 1

Now that this thread has popped back up again, it's probably mandatory to add this KS to the list:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/defiancegames/28mm-power-armor-hardsuits-defiance-games/description

Last I read, Tony Reidy filed for bankruptcy, and a tentative deal the MA AG made to at least get the backers the digital files was yanked because the offer was made public.

• Like 1

The only KS I backed and I'm not 100% confident about thus far is Demigods Rising.

But yes, KS sometimes is a tricky business.

Tony Reidy had been shady since his wargames factory days. Which makes you wonder why would torn armour people would alleged gave the ks money to him....

Tony Reidy had been shady since his wargames factory days. Which makes you wonder why would torn armour people would alleged gave the ks money to him....

More than likely because he seemed affordable at the time, and convince Torn Armour that he could get the job done, she was giving away a lot of stuff during her campaign that I thought she'd have a hard time getting done for the $ collected.

• Like 1

Also that the creator of the Torn Armor had no miniatures experience. Seven years of RPG's *isn't* miniatures experience. 30 years if you've been following Robotech tactics.

A "First Created" project by someone with no industry experience in a manufacturer category is definitely a yellow flag.

Too many boardgames and RPGs to play, too many miniatures to paint. Not even bothering to back non-miniature boardgames, RPGs, or most high-end miniatures and don't regret it.

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 2