Ogres...Please identify...(WIP)...fantasy miniatures

post-11942-0-92175700-1374809738_thumb.jpg

I am about to start work/painting on these (2) ogre figures...but have lost all data on them. Anyone out there who can identify these for me...please do so. They are circa 1991 and came in a blister pack...but I do not know who released them or their SKU numbers. Thank you for your help!

• Like 1

I have no idea, but I do know where you can go to find out. The folks at Lead Adventures Forum are experts at mini's from the 80's through the 90's. You have to be registered there though and approval can take a few days to a week. In Europe, old school Fantasy is still huge and hasn't gone out of fashion. There's a gent by the name of DeafNala there who would know. If you'd like me to ask him, let me know and I can shoot him a PM.

That is if someone here doesn't have the answer, which they very well might.

• Like 1

I have no idea, but I do know where you can go to find out. The folks at Lead Adventures Forum are experts at mini's from the 80's through the 90's. You have to be registered there though and approval can take a few days to a week. In Europe, old school Fantasy is still huge and hasn't gone out of fashion. There's a gent by the name of DeafNala there who would know. If you'd like me to ask him, let me know and I can shoot him a PM.

That is if someone here doesn't have the answer, which they very well might.

Thank you Anne. Since there has not been a successful reply to my question, I would appreciate your offer of you getting in touch with your friend to see if he can identify the ogre miniatures. Please advise when/if you receive a reply from him and again...much thanks.

Thank you again...as you can see...they have been identified by member joshuaslater. So you can cancel your communication to your friend.

Edited by catdancer

Darn, beat me to it. A great place to research old minis is the lost minis wiki. Just prepare to spend a couple hours pouring over miniatures.....whether you find yours quick or not.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Grumpy Gnome
      Fireforge makes some great figures. Here is their latest KS.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fireforgegames/stone-realm-hard-plastic-multi-part-dwarves-in-28mm-scale/description

• By Darcstaar
      Ok.
      Prepping for the next Bones I WIP.
      The Eyes Have It!
      I have this in metal too, so I’m planning to do both together.  You can see I did some surgery on the metal one.  Lots of hole drilling after cleaning mold lines.

• By Athys
      Hi! Thats my first time at these forum. 

First i want to apologize for my bad english.

And now... Here they are! The goblin bombs from Mad Dragon, three miniatures i found in a friend's garage long time ago. 

I hope you enjoy them as much as I did when painting them.

• By Gadgetman!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662635043/to-the-mummys-tomb-a-halfling-expedition/description

Story
      After the estate of one Fomo Barrowblight (who many moons ago, and with heavily laden bags, had said he was just off for a morning walk, never to return) was sold at auction, there came to light a strange scroll that appeared to be a map of the final resting place of a lost tribe of halflings.  These cousins lived down in the scorching Southlands, amidst endless dunes that had buried whole cities and civilisations.
      The newly elected (and so still very enthusiastic) Halfling Town Council had organised an expedition to make contact with their fellow halflings, with the aim of swapping some stories and recipes, and who knows, perhaps even coming back with some interesting new cakes.
      And, after many great perils and travails, the expedition found itself in a mysterious location known as 'The Valley of the Things'.  Here, recipes in strange hieroglyphs were marked on tomb walls,  guarded jealously by High Priests and long mummified pastry chefs.  
      The expedition takes time to assuage the fears of the High Priests that they are here to steal the sacred recipes and make formal diplomatic relations.  But Fomo Barrowblight and another mysterious figure seem intent on stealing the recipe to the sacred pie and have already gleaned some of the ingredients...
      To the Mummy's Tomb!
      Introducing a series of  Eight Fantasy Miniatures in 28mm scale from a halfling expedition to the burial grounds of their cousins, in the desert southlands. 
        Halfling Town Council Five
      The latest elected Halfling Town Council, has been responsible for launching the expedition to the distant Southlands, as always, it is made up of eight different townsfolk from all walks of life.

I've already pledged for the whole set, why haven't you?

• By buckyball
      Hey its buc. I have run games of Rangers of Shadowdeep at Reapercon and the Reaper online conventions. Is there enough interest for me to run Rangers of Shadowdeep at Reapercon in person this year? Would it be better to put my effort into Stargrave and or Frostgrave?

buckyball
  • Who's Online   14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)