Sign in to follow this  
Pingo

03019 Lathula, Female Barbarian

Lathula, Female Barbarian, Reaper 03019, sculpted by Ben Siens, painted by me.

I like half-orcs. They always seem to be painted with black hair, but I figured since orcs don't have hair it would be the human parent who provides the hair color. So why not a redhead? I didn't paint her hair shiny, though, because it kind of looks greased up and pulled back.

I used this figure in my tutorial on how to paint illusionistic grass.

post-8022-0-33040800-1374852693.jpg post-8022-0-84355500-1374853442.jpg

post-8022-0-95537800-1374852713.jpg post-8022-0-23584700-1374853463.jpg

post-8022-0-29772700-1374853066.jpg

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 20

Beautiful! I love orc chicks! Even the half-breeds :)

And I do love the half orcs Reaper has, high on my to-paint list is this one from Tre:

03278.jpg

• Like 3

Pingo, your blending is just lovely! Great work on the eyes. If you feel inclined, you could probably do one more layer of skin highlight on the cheeks and legs, but that's probably just nitpicking. She's awesome!

• Like 1

You can see how not-green she is by comparing her color to the grass on her base. She's actually more of a sage grey with a slight greenish tinge, gotten by mixing Burnt Sienna with Phthalo Green and white.

And it looks like they've accepted her into the Inspirations Gallery. Yay!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      This is Reaper's 14048, Fatima, Nefsokar Cleric.

Or rather it will be when you click on the links because she's super NSFW, front and back.

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE PAINTED FIGURE FATIMA, NEFSOKAR CLERIC.

There isn't a WIP thread because I couldn't figure out how to make one that would abide by the board rules. But questions or comments are appreciated.

The images are hosted on Instagram so you can post comments there too if you like.

• By Mocha
      Hi folks,

My very first snow base! I haven't attempted Non-Metallic Metal on a shield like this before and I'm happy with how it's turned out :)

Thanks,
      Mocha
    • By rubegon
      I got this mini in the Mini Painting 101 class at ReaperCon.  This was our first ReaperCon - my wife and I took the class together.  I’d painted about a dozen minis (badly) for D&D before going to RC.

I like this sculpt, and I wanted to work on improving my basic painting skills.  I decided to keep working on her to see how far I can go.

I’ve spent an embarrassingly large amount of time on her already.  I do feel like I’m learning a lot though and getting better at controlling my brush and getting paint consistency right.

I broke out one of the good brushes I had bought and not touched - a da Vinci Maestro.  I still feel unworthy to use it but maybe it will help me get better.

I’ve done a lot of work on the red armor already, but still need to do some more highlighting.  I think I might have overdone the highlights on the green ropes in some places.  I was planning to glaze them down and redo a bit smaller.

Thanks for taking a look.  I would greatly appreciate any feedback or tips on what I can improve on the parts I’ve worked on already.

Here she is so far - she looks a lot better if you squint.

• By Maledrakh
      From the Bones 1 core set, a basic lizardman with typically primitive stone spear and turtle shell shield. This mini has good quality details, especially seeing as this is an early softish bones model.

77050 Lizardman Warrior
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 1 KS 2012
      Sculpted by Ben Siens
      Bonesium PVC.
      30mm round lipped base
      available from reapermini.com

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, here are some group picture of my Player Character and a NPC in our D&D games. All Reaper Miniatures models; 03492, Autumn Bronzeleaf Elf Wizard sculpted by Jeff Grace. Converted 77038, Hell Hound sculpted by Ben Siens. 02771, Lorus Hightower sculpted by Sandra Garrity. The elf wizard is one of my player characters, she's a wood elf druidess and I called her Kiarah Amanodel aka Moonflower. Her riding dog Khan was converted from a Hell Hound. And, Firecracker will be an important non-playing character in an opcoming campaign.

I hope you enjoy, comments and critiques are welcome.

• Who's Online   27 Members, 2 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)