Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I think I've hit that point where I can admit, I officially have too many projects going. I have three figures in various stages of being painted (the orc, elf ranger, and a halfling PC). I have a full box of Cadian Shock Troopers primed with only one test painted and that one isn't even fully test painted. There are three kobold in various stages of being painted and modified. I found some plastic skull rings that are being painted to be used as shields. I think the kobold with the sword would look great with a shield. Last but not least I have a wiz kids miniature I'm working on for my wife.
At the moment I don't have a dedicated painting station, our place right now is pretty small. So I started using an old carving knife box to store my ongoing projects. It's never been this full before though. I know I can't be the only one with this problem, heck this might even be a mild case.
Since my Bones I Kickstarter package arrived recently and I started to paint them, I decided that now is a good time to sporadically post my progress here, and maybe receive some valuable input.
These are all meant to be tabletop quality (i.e. better quality than WotC's minis - the old batches).
I am a newbie painter.
I don't have a lot of spare time, so I sneak a few minutes here and there where I can.
Any comments or suggestions are welcome.
First up is a WIP of a paint and take from a local comic convention. We painted three space marines in 45 minutes, using truly horrendous brushes (think of Buglips brushes post Kaladrax), and Citadel paints (one red for base coating, one brown wash for shadowing everything, one pink dry goo for highlighting, and one grey gravelly paint for the base. I wish that I had taken down their names).
This was a lot of fun, and most of all proved to me that I CAN paint minis quick and dirty and yet get a good enough result for tabletop games.
The space marines were primed in black when we got them. The first coat was just sloshing red paint over them. The brushes allowed for no subtlety here. Think of painting a Reaper Bones Kobold with a tree trunk and you'll get the idea.
Second coat: weird pink highlights. iPhone camera barely shows them, so you'll have to believe me.
Third coat: shadow with the black/brown wash/ink - I think it had oil in the name.
Final coat: basing the marines with a grey paint that had little bits of gravel on it - and explained why the brushes looked the way they were.
After that I did some touch ups, but for some reason I can't find a picture of the results. I'll snap one later and attach it to this post.
Next post : Flesh Golem, the oh so famous rats, and an orc and a goblin meet in an adventuring group.
Who's Online 21 Members, 2 Anonymous, 123 Guests (See full list)