ub3r_n3rd

ub3r's WIP's and Workbench!

The belt looks flat compared to the rest.

Nice job. These last few minis definitely show improved brush control and highlights. Those blues are popping.

• Like 1

Looking good all around. I think that the fur might need a bit more of a highlight around the top and the foot to make it look properly shaded and highlighted and the blue by his raised leg is a bit intense compared to the rest of the cloth.

The skin turned out nice and the face is great.

Will go in tonight and make that change to the fur for highlighting and darken that blue a little bit nearer his leg so that it isn't so intense. Thanks for the advice!

Very well executed on the skin tone and figure. After having read that you already sealled him, Only advice I got to offer is that I have found adding a thin line of an almost white color to the crown of the head gives it the shiney look.

Good idea, I'll add some of the higher highlight to the crown of his head as you suggest. Thanks!

Nice work with the viens, this has turned out really well. I feel like the pupil on the eye needs to be darker. It is sort of greyed out right now and doesn't quite have that sharp look it needs. This is easily, far and away your best work yet. Bravissimo!

Actually I wanted him to have very light grey eyes, but I'll check it out under the magnification tonight and see if I should mess with it. The eye in person looks really good, so I'm thinking that it's being a little bit washed out with the quick iPhone pics that I've been taking. Thanks for the compliments and feedback!

The belt looks flat compared to the rest.

Nice job. These last few minis definitely show improved brush control and highlights. Those blues are popping.

I went with a brown ink on the belt over a white color, it looks more like tooled brass now, I might go back over it to add some highlights though now that you mention it. Thank you for the C&C! 

• Like 2

Nice ub3r.

I like the skin, the blues and the fur...the browns for some reason don't look finished to me.

Who makes this mini btw?

• Like 1

Nice ub3r.

I like the skin, the blues and the fur...the browns for some reason don't look finished to me.

Who makes this mini btw?

Thanks! Trying to get this to a really nice quality, so feedback is greatly appreciated.

How do they not look finished? Need more highlights? Or shading? Different color(s) needed? Please elaborate.

It's from Raining Frogs Garage. Link is in my signature.

Alright, I should have said how in the first place, sorry about that.

The browns that I was referring to are all the leather straps.  They look like a base color with very little to no shading and highlighting.

Mind you I am no master painter, these are just my thoughts and opinions so take them with salt and lemon...and tequila...I think I am going to go get a drink before I read or post more.

• Like 3

Looking forward to seeing your results.

Kind of weird for me to be giving any kind of painting advice when I haven't painted any miniatures in more than a year now...and I have never even posted any of my painted minis on here...what are you thinking following my advice?!?!

;-)

• Like 5

Just cause you haven't painted in a while or posted doesn't mean you don't see something I overlooked!

That's the big thing with WIP threads, get that outside perspective because you are too close to your own projects. It helps a lot.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 2

The coloring you worked into the skin works well and it looks like you glazed over the veins with you skin color to help make them look like real veins.

• Like 3

The coloring you worked into the skin works well and it looks like you glazed over the veins with you skin color to help make them look like real veins.

Thanks! Yes, I did. Good eye.

• Like 2

I should but I have lost all motivation to paint, which is bad as a friend has paid me to paint a few minis for him.  He is a very patient man, thankfully, as I haven't touched them in a long, long time.  

I have tried to sit down and paint a few times but I can't get into it.

I had a bout of terrain building and painting a little while ago but even that has passed now.

I really do hope I find a new muse soon as I would like to paint a few of the minis I have purchased recently.

Sorry to derail your thread ub3r.

• Like 2

I hope you find your muse as well. Maybe a work of art, maybe a character you play in a ttrpg, or maybe a figure will speak to you (like the barbarian dude does to me).

No problems on the derail. I do it all the time and if it helps you to get back into it, I'm more than happy for the thread jack.

• Like 2