ub3r_n3rd

ub3r's WIP's and Workbench!

noice!

Really cool paintjob friend, way to level up!

Looks good all around sir.

Way to finish off a barbarian.

Thanks guys!

Yeah, seriously man. Really outstanding.

Sorry I haven't had as much time for hanging out in WIP threads and whatnot, things are...interesting these days...and still no more painting, last two days have seen most of my free time out in the yard!

• Like 1

Thanks Cash, that means a lot as you are another painter I look up to a lot and try to emulate. 

Thanks to everyone for their thoughtful posts and wonderful advice, I couldn't have done this piece without you guys and gals. It really helps when people give the critiques and tell me what I'm doing good and what I could do better. He was another piece I experimented on and learned a lot from. I really wanted to put forth something with a really neat skin tone (and I think I accomplished it) as well as work on my cleaner paint job with better shading and highlights. 

The next piece I'll probably start tomorrow as I'm kinda in that zone that we all get into after we finish a piece and need to decompress for a bit. The next one is for a friend of mine who has a Magus in our high-level game and we finally found a figure that he liked enough to have me paint up for that character. Funny thing is that we just put that high level campaign on hold because we got a new guy to join our group so I'll be painting up more PC figures for everyone soon. I'm actually just going to use Ulfrik starting him at 3rd level and then jumping him up to the higher level game when we move up there (if he lives that long that is).

• Like 3

Thanks galladril! I felt that this particular piece lent itself to violence and gore, one of those times where you get an idea in your head and have to execute it.

As an aside to everyone else who follows my work, based on feedback I've received here and other places (mostly in the show-off thread for the Barbarian Dude), I'm going to be doing a few things to improve the piece:.

• Add some snow to the ground as Clever Crow suggested, this will give the impression that the body parts are in deeper areas of snow and has some weight to them.
  • Cut into the body parts to make them more jagged instead of sheared off so cleanly like it was hit with a light saber. Siri suggested this first, but a few others chimed in on this as well.
  • While cutting into the body parts, I'm going to try to make the lower part of the torso hollow, then use some different techniques to add more gore/intestines... should be pretty gross so cover your eyes if you have a sensitive stomach!
  • Add more blood to the blade of the greataxe as well as some tiny amounts of blood splatter on the figure (don't want to do too much to the figure itself as he's been sealed and I'm not repainting him).

Any other suggestions to the base and the golem's body on it that I should work? Feel free to chime in and offer your opinions before I get started tonight (6-ish PM Pacific) please.

• Like 2

Got all that stuff done to him and posted new pics on the show off thread under the original pics.

Anyhow we played Pathfinder last night and during the course of play our spell slinger was taken out by 2 goblins while alone before the party meets up for the first time. The GM gives the option to the player to roll up a new PC or play a new gunslinging goblin! The splatter chooses the goblin and last night after the game the GM went to a game store with another of the players and found a goblin gunslinger mini.

Now I have a new project to get done before we play again in two weeks! This should be fun.

• Like 4

Do please to share the source of this mini! It could be quite useful for future IKRPG characters, but the only thing I'm coming up with on the Googles is a whip and revolver wielding goblin freebooter from an out of stock CMON "Mercenaries" pack. Not even sure for what game it is intended...

Do please to share the source of this mini! It could be quite useful for future IKRPG characters, but the only thing I'm coming up with on the Googles is a whip and revolver wielding goblin freebooter from an out of stock CMON "Mercenaries" pack. Not even sure for what game it is intended...

this is the pic my GM sent me

post-7987-0-66557000-1401040276_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Ah, Malifaux! I should have known...

Couple PCs in our current IK game are represented by Malifaux minis. ::D:

• Like 3