ub3r_n3rd

ub3r's WIP's and Workbench!

OMG ub3r !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here I am 4000 miles away, unable to get to the web, and you post a Master Piece !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

How Flippin Fantastic !

That is ONE Contented Barbarian, admiring hi's handywork..LOL.

Magnificent work !

• Like 3

OMG ub3r !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here I am 4000 miles away, unable to get to the web, and you post a Master Piece !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

How Flippin Fantastic !

That is ONE Contented Barbarian, admiring hi's handywork..LOL.

Magnificent work !

Thanks Jay!!

Did you go see him in his show-off thread?

Edited by ub3r_n3rd

So I got my "bag o' crap" from Secret Weapon Miniatures on Saturday.

Inside was:

33 x 25mm Bases

7 x 30 mm Bases

9 x 40 mm Bases

1 x 50 mm Base

2 x 64 mm Bases

2 x 25x72mm Bases

1 x 95x116mm Base

1 x 100 mm Base

1 x 120 mm Base

1 x Barricade (65mmx18mm)

1 x 40x40mm Marker? (it's got a "1" on top of it and isn't completely square with wiggly edges)

1 x half circle thing that's 85mm long by 24mm wide and 42 mm tall

1 x 60x60 mm Obelisk which goes up to 132mm in height

All in all a pretty dang good haul. The 100mm base I got will be PERFECT for my Sci-fi diorama that I have planned (Jasper's contest).

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 6

New WIP Pics!

This is Karick-Dar, Apprentice from Guild of Harmony. I did a arm/weapon swap with Zargun, Assassin from the same line. Karick-Dar is the figure I'm painting up for my Pathfinder buddy as his main character Sansulves the Magus. So from here on out he's going to be referred to as San or Sansulves.

Anyhow, just got him primed up, drilled holes in his arm and the arm for the weapon to prep, and drilled holes in his feet so that he's now attached to a cork.

post-7987-0-74392900-1401162302_thumb.jpg

post-7987-0-57800800-1401162305_thumb.jpg

The character wears black with red trimmings so I'm going to try to do black some justice and the scimitar is a black blade with red runes on it. So it shouldn't be too challenging of a color palette, but I will keep posting WIP pics of him and asking for advice on how to do it better and see what people like/dislike.

Time to get started on laying down base coats tonight!

Also, this upcoming Wednesday I'm going to stop by and pick up the Goblin Gunslinger which needs to be painted up before we play again on June 7th.

• Like 7

This is where I ended tonight. Time to get to bed so I can get up in the morning for work.

post-7987-0-08089200-1401170199_thumb.jpg

Getting the face and eyes worked on after slopping some black wash over the whole thing.

post-7987-0-52816400-1401170200_thumb.jpg

More work on the face (pale skin) and eyes (red eyes) along with brown liner slopped over the whole thing as he's going to be black and red anyhow I like having the brown liner down as a good base coat.

Right after I took the last pic I added some brush-on sealer to his face because I noticed it was chalky since I'm using some lighter colored paints. 

C&C welcomed and appreciated!

• Like 8

I really like that minis from Sebs and you're off to a great start.

So the SW marker with the 1 on it is a hidden objective marker, there's supposed to be a top to it with a ? on it, and several others with various numbers. I've bought 4 bags o' crap now (two last year and two this time around) and finally have enough of a set to use them.

Ah, Malifaux! I should have known...

Couple PCs in our current IK game are represented by Malifaux minis. ::D:

That was actually the exact mini I painted up for a character in my IKRP, they've actually got a great range of Gobbers.

• Like 4

Thanks MS for the complement and the information on the hidden objective marker. I will probably never use the marker for its intended use, so maybe I can re-purpose it.

• Like 1

Nice Going Ub3r,

Really like that black contrast on the pale face.

Doin Great !

• Like 1

Thanks MS for the complement and the information on the hidden objective marker. I will probably never use the marker for its intended use, so maybe I can re-purpose it.

I thought they were partial sci fi bulk heads, so thanks for the info MS.

• Like 1

likewise.

Updates tonight on Sansulves!

Colors used: Pure Black, Stone Grey, Rainy Grey, and Spattered Crimson.

post-7987-0-37097500-1401255732_thumb.jpg  post-7987-0-98860600-1401255733_thumb.jpg

post-7987-0-46354900-1401255735_thumb.jpg  post-7987-0-01810300-1401255737_thumb.jpg

C&C welcomed and appreciated!

• Like 9

likewise.

No problem guys. It took me a while to figure them out when I got some last year. Had to go hunting on the website to find what they were as I didn't have any tops until this time around.

@uber I like the red. I think this piece is going to look great but you may need to go brighter on the grays--possibly up to a leather white or something. Pure white will be too bright unless his robes are metal or plastic.

Brighter on the grays, check. Thanks!

I also just toned down the gray highlights on the black a bit with a glaze of the darkest grey, going to hit a few spots with the lighter grey it was just too stark after looking at the pictures I thought.

Any other thoughts?

I would paint it up super bright then glaze over everything with a darker gray and bring everything down and smooth out blends. It will make things less bright but keep contrast for you. Think it will be easier then trying to keep balancing between the highlight and shadows.

Good black is very tricky to do but I think you're really close.

• Like 3