ub3r_n3rd

ub3r's WIP's and Workbench!

I notice it has pretty crisp details, but as you said not as good as the resin figure (barbarian dude) that I worked on previously. I also noticed that the resin wasn't nearly as brittle it's no wonder Tre decided not to use the troll cast going forward and went back to pewter/resin. It's just a matter of being more careful for me going forward with these two and the few others I have on hand.

I disagree about the detail on trollcast, it's quite good. It has a ton of issues as a material, primarily miscasting like crazy and Ed keeps playing with the formula so some is brittle as resin and some is a bit more durable. I didn't have any breakage with Svetlana and she's got tiny legs and feet which I drilled and pinned.

But look at the detail on the Keeper I'm painting, it's pretty nice (albeit with some miscasting...on the face...).

If Ed could figure out the miscasting and durability issues, it's a good material. As it stands, it's just a test material.

• Like 1

Oh I'd say that the troll cast in these is between resin and metal for details and crispness, just my very very limited experience thus far though. Dunno why it seems more brittle to me than the resin figure I worked on, maybe because the other didn't have as tiny of ankles and other bits.

haven't tried any trollcast yet but I had to move to a saw for most resin to prevent breakage. I use a thin xacto like saw and a Dremel for larger things.

• Like 1

What kind of PF game are you playing? one of the adventure paths? I like the harrowed deck on the PC, and his amethyst staff.

When I was doing amethysts on my large EE thin glazes of the 2 main purple shades helped finish it off. 

Have you seen the Harrowed deck based PF adventure?  It is where my PC gained the title "Moonwrecker"    

• Like 1

What kind of PF game are you playing? one of the adventure paths? I like the harrowed deck on the PC, and his amethyst staff.

When I was doing amethysts on my large EE thin glazes of the 2 main purple shades helped finish it off. 

Have you seen the Harrowed deck based PF adventure?  It is where my PC gained the title "Moonwrecker"    

We are playing the Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path. The PC that I helped paint up has a harrow deck, is basically like a travelling gypsy who tells fortunes (is really a sorcerer). The player actually bought the Harrow Deck and does readings at our game table and is taking some of the feats/skills/spells associated with using it. Really a lot of fun at the table!

I haven't seen the Harrow Deck-based AP yet, which is it?

Its not an AP its a stand alone adventure "The Harrowing".  We played it at 8th level, between books 2 and 3 in Runelords. 

it took us 3-4 sessions, but it could have been shorter with a more flexible DM.  

• Like 1

Interesting, I'll have to see if my GM wants to take a shot at that. Our Harrow Deck sorcerer would probably really enjoy that.