Bones Kickstarter - Is the Receipt in the Box?

DarkX2

Hello,

I just received notification that I should go to the customs office with a receipt of the bones kickstarter, so that they know how much to charge me.

However I have no receipt. Is something like that in the box?

Thank you

Edit:

From the Kickstarter FAQ:

How will my international shipment be declared?

We can’t mark a parcel coming from a business to a consumer as a gift or promotional materials with no value, so we must declare a value.

We will determine the customs declaration value of your shipment based on the Pledge Level(s) you chose in your backer survey. We will use the single highest pledge level you have chosen as your customs value.
As examples: if you want two Vampire Levels your receipt will show $100 as that is your single highest Pledge Level. If you are a Ghast Level and added paint and Orcs your receipt will show $15.00.

Note regarding Skeleton and Zombie Levels: These Levels will be valued at your single highest buy-in Option’s value. For example: If you get the paints your receipt will show $18. If you get the Orcs your receipt will show $25. If you get both, your receipt will show $25.

If you pledge for a “Crown Jewel" Level that is available to an international backer, then your receipt will show $100 for the Vampire Level that is included with your Crown Jewel.

For items that are shipping early, such as Sophie and the Sophie Boxed Set, we will do the same thing as described above based on whatever portion of your shipment we are sending. We only anticipate the need for two shipments in total.

Edited by DarkX2

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the receipt in the box was pretty much an exact copy of the email they sent you from the reaper pledge manager, prehaps print that out and take it to them.

If you've got any add-ons that's not a good idea as that shows the cost of all those as well so you'd be taxed the total amount of your pledge. The reciept in the box just shows the cost of the highest pledge level.

• Like 1

The closest thing you'll likely have to a receipt is the email from Amazon Payments (assuming you pledged via Kickstarter) with the title Your Payment to Hobby-Q / Reaper Miniatures has succeeded

Worst case scenario - head to https://www.reapermini.com/ks/, request a new login token using your email address and that'll email you a link that has a psuedo-receipt on it.

[Edit] Nocturne has it right. IF the receipt in the box is for the lower amount it would pay to use it, depending on the difference in duties.

Edited by Laoke

the receipt in the box was pretty much an exact copy of the email they sent you from the reaper pledge manager, prehaps print that out and take it to them.

If you've got any add-ons that's not a good idea as that shows the cost of all those as well so you'd be taxed the total amount of your pledge. The reciept in the box just shows the cost of the highest pledge level.

The closest thing you'll likely have to a receipt is the email from Amazon Payments (assuming you pledged via Kickstarter) with the title Your Payment to Hobby-Q / Reaper Miniatures has succeeded

Worst case scenario - head to https://www.reapermini.com/ks/, request a new login token using your email address and that'll email you a link that has a psuedo-receipt on it.

[Edit] Nocturne has it right. IF the receipt in the box is for the lower amount it would pay to use it, depending on the difference in duties.

I disagree. What's not a good idea is tax fraud… just sayin'.

All it takes is one suspicious inspector or just somebody having a bad day and you could wind up in a heap of trouble.

Your opinion may vary but in my books, it's not worth the risk.

• Like 1

All it takes is one suspicious inspector or just somebody having a bad day and you could wind up in a heap of trouble.

The amount on the reciept in the box matches the amount declared on the customs value on the USPS customs declaration. It would be more questionable to turn up with an email showing a different figure.

Edited by Nocturne

The amount on the reciept in the box matches the amount declared on the customs value on the USPS customs declaration. It would be more questionable to turn up with an email showing a different figure.

Not if that figure is the true one that can be backed up by Amazon, Kickstarter and the credit card issuer.

Edit: There's nothing questionable about telling the truth.

Edited by Dan Goodchild