• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! Glad to see this one on it's feet. It's been a long journey, but they've finally made it to their subterranean destination, and they look great. Really nice work on this, and kudos for seeing it through.

Thanks everyone, she quite enjoyed it.

The photos aren't the best as I realized too late that it was way to big (mostly on height) for any of my current setup.

I think I'm most happy with the colors as I've managed to stick with a fairly desaturated scheme that allowed the crystal\rock in the center to really be the focus but yet the minis themselves don't just blur together.

• Like 1

Great work, It's nice to see how it turned out. The crystal are a good addition to the ensemble, they remind me of the giant crystal cave in mexico. The dusty ground works well too and I like the way you painted the edge of the base.

I have to admit I don't think I would have gone to the scope that I did with this if it wasn't for all you're crazy bases you were making last year Metalchaos.

I'm quite happy with how the crystals pulled the scene together, I was quite worried that they'd clutter things up too much but they ended up working quite well.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Supes81
      So I really had to share this because I'm super proud of it and had to show it off 

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Lysette, a mage from the Bones USA line by Reaper.

Started on this one back in January, but got stuck on her dress so she spent a while in the Cupboard Of Unfinished Things.
      Unfortunately, my camera doesn't like her sky blue hair and it's really blown the colours out, she looks a tad better in hand.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Zloyduh
      ....and when the last crumbs of hope were lost, from the deeps of the elven forest, came a heroine!

Alright, this happened to be an interesting project. I'm guessing Fiara lost a bunch of details when going from metal to plastic bones.  At some point, I felt like there wasn't much to work with.  I ended up  free-handing some of the details.  Also, blacklining seemed to help quiet a lot.  I originally wanted to use metalics on the sword, but at the last moment decided for NMM.
      As always, all sorts of feedback is welcomed! 🙂

P.S. For the love of God, I could not take a good picture of her! (or a picture that would satisfy my likeness).  So, I'm dumping a few extras in here.

• By Dan S
      It feels like an age since I last posted a terrain build, my last build journal (still unfinished) was actually in October of last year, so it has been a while!

Anyhow, my circumstances have changed and I have found myself with more free time to enjoy my hobby, and so this week I was able to sit down and start a new build, another photo backdrop, this time a cemetery (sorry no build journal this time, I just wanted to enjoy the project).  This one had been on my to do list for ever, the gravestones, coffin and the wall are all Reaper accessories.  I had a lot of fun with this one.

On another positive note, I've now got some time to go back and revisit my 'Post Apocalyptic Suburbia' build journal.  I'm sure  many people don't even remember it, but leaving it unfinished has really been bugging me, so hopefully that one will have a much overdue update by the weekend!  

• By Darcstaar
      Since the Eye Beasts are making good progress, getting the next model ready.  A suitable Player Character model.  Turanil, Male Elf Paladin.

The plan is white and red.  I’m hoping the peacock comes across as a Phoenix.
  • Who's Online   20 Members, 1 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)