Bones: Force of Nature (earth/rock guy)

That's it. I'm not painting any more minis until I see a painted version from someone else. I'm apparently blind to details in Bonesium. I've been futzing around with this guy... making him orangey and Thing-like because who needs another Earth Elemental... I NEVER NOTICED THE DINO FOSSIL ON HIS BACK. I just painted over that area the other day and I still didn't notice.

Gah.

Is the moss just paint? Or did you use some putty to give it shape?

That's it. I'm not painting any more minis until I see a painted version from someone else. I'm apparently blind to details in Bonesium. I've been futzing around with this guy... making him orangey and Thing-like because who needs another Earth Elemental... I NEVER NOTICED THE DINO FOSSIL ON HIS BACK. I just painted over that area the other day and I still didn't notice.

Gah.

Is the moss just paint? Or did you use some putty to give it shape?

My 2nd idea.

My 1st was to go more like a Magma golem. Black, with fiery veins.

Then I saw the moss and thought, o snap. That's damn cool.

The moss is a combination of Army Painter Field Grass and Hobby Round: Summer Flock Blend. Just placed in a few choice cracks and surfaces. The were a few small chunks in the sculpt I painted as gold nuggets, the camera didn't pick them up on his mid section and leg.