About four years ago I started painting Kyra & Lavarath. Then I broke my wrist, then I deployed, then I moved, then I focused on trying to finish off a variety of sci-fi projects that were close to done but not quite, then I got Dreadball, well you get the idea. I decided that since I am now retired from the Army and waiting on word whether or not I'm getting the job I want I have some time to work on some minis...or one big one. So I opened the cabinet of shame and there are two long dormant figures staring back at me...the Warlord Hill Giant and Lavarath. Dragons are cooler. So I got the air compressor out and used the blow gun to knock the dust off and used a stiff brush to get the stubborn bits. Then tried to remember what color I was using for the scales (with was PP Turf Green). Here's were I left off in 2009:

20130729_143919.jpg

20130729_143858.jpg

I settled on HD Desert Tan to base coat the underbelly and raised scales. It looks a bit light now, but once I do the shading it won't. Didn't get very far on this color as I kept floating back and forth between various activities throughout the day. I see few spots where I need to clean up around the edges.

20130729_224121.jpg

Let's see how long this holds out...

• Like 9
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That could be interesting. I think I'm going to work on the armor and other parts and see what comes to me. Failing that I'll progress onto Kyra. I'll figure something out. I suppose I could go out and research lizard mouths.

Oh, almost forgot, I finished up the wings and cleaning up various spots. Then hit the save button as Anne says and gave a quick coat of matte sealer.

Edited by Sergeant_Crunch

Been distracted by a lot of non-miniature related stuff, though I did get the leather straps base coated. Next up is armor, though I'm debating on color selection. Mostly how dark to start the base layer and whether or not I want to incorporate gold into the design.

Ok, that's the last time I retire from active duty, take two college classes, and start a new job at the same time. It did bad things to my spare time. I picked up my brushes for the first time since August and have completed base coating Lavarath, except for the shoulder armor plates. Will post pics after I clean up some stray strokes.

• Like 4