Bases

kyshwn

Hello!

I searched through the forums but couldn't find anything relating to this question, so I thought I'd post a topic and see if anyone had an answer for my questions.

When I have reaper minis, I prefer to base them on warhammer/warmachine style round bases. So I'm looking at having to buy about 300 bases in the near future.

My question is this: I know most of the vampire minis would fit on a 30mm round lipped base, but what size base would be best for the Dragons? The Hydra? Basically all of the add-ons. Short of me purchasing one of each and just measuring to see what would fit, I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone had already done this.

I'm not looking to base the insanely large ones such as Nethyrmaul or Kaladrax or any of the ones with intricate and amazing bases.

Thanks!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what's out there from the actual wargamer-centric companies out there, but for the giants addon figures and other similar bigger figures I bought some round and square wooden bases from Hobby Lobby.

They cost me like 79 cents or something. I think they are made for using as a plaque or something similar.

There are 2-3 threads currently open talking about basing of the bigger minis we got through the KS, below are a couple of active threads right now. There are good tips in each of these.

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/50435-basing-of-kaladrax/

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/50639-uh-oh-deathsleet/page-2?hl=basing#entry747590

Thank you for the replies, I do appreciate it.

However, I'm just looking to find out if they'd fit on 40mm, 50mm, 120mm, etc Warmachine-style bases.

Like I said above, I don't really want to base Kaladrax and company as they have their own amazing bases already. I'm looking more for the smaller dragons and the hydra, giants, elementals, etc.

Ah, I get you now. You already have the bases (40mm, 50mm, 120mm) but want to know if the larger minis fit on them. I think the thread on deathsleet discusses some of the other minis that are being based right now and how big they are. I haven't personally put together any of them yet so I can't tell you for sure what their sizes are and if they'd fit on those bases.

I'm also considering buying some bases (Canada) but I like non lipped bases (so flock to the edge) , where would be a good place to get a bunch online?

Edit round bases

Edited by Shogun

http://www.frpgames.com/cart.php?m=product_list&c=3006

That's where I plan to finish out my collection of bases. The prices don't seem too high, considering. And they have multiple shapes and sizes as well as lipped and un-lipped.

I don't know how bad shipping to Canada would be, but it's worth taking a look at it.

The other option is contacting something like TheWarStore and asking them about bulk pricing. Sometimes they will cut a break for people ordering a lot of something... and considering I have about 300 bases I'll need...

• Like 1

frpgames website is awesome, thanks for the link and yup cheap bases (80 25mm non lipped for $7.99) ill get stung with $10-15 shipping on a $50 order but still..

Are you going to GenCon? If so, you can probably have them ship your order to your hotel, which would save on shipping and possible customs/customs handling fee.

I have had goods shipped to the hotel that I was staying at for GenCon in the past and haven't had an issue to date.

I'm using in the moment, for most Bones large diameter washers.

You can get them in 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60mm or what ever. 60mm was the biggest I saw today.

I use normally 25mm, because it is compatible to most skirmish games. Only issue could be the skirmish games with square bases, but it should not really be a problem.

For monsters I try to get 40 or 50mm.

For bigger or long monsters, I will make wooden bases.

large diameter washers:

djjy.png

hzf4.jpg

Some bases of the Bones are smaller as 25mm, but little sculpting around them could help.

Edited by Teskal

Oh frpgames got back to me , $60 order and $30 shipping! Ouch! Back to the drawing board

Meeplemart.com for Canada looks good but the 25mm base pack is out of stock, typical !

@mist sadly not going to gencon , I wish!

Edited by Shogun