Bones Successes and Failures: What formally metal minis translated the best?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume the existing batch will be scrapped, but what exactly is intended for the future of the "failures"? Drago was not well-received by many, but the other ones had what looked (to me) like casting errors. Can you salvage the existing molds by changing the venting, or re-cutting part of the die? Will you attempt to recut them another time, or just give up on them as Bones?

- H8

I assume the existing batch will be scrapped, but what exactly is intended for the future of the "failures"? Drago was not well-received by many, but the other ones had what looked (to me) like casting errors. Can you salvage the existing molds by changing the venting, or re-cutting part of the die? Will you attempt to recut them another time, or just give up on them as Bones?

- H8

the inventory we have on hand, instead of shipping to FLGS's, will be used at paint and takes and given away as samples.

The molds, I cannot at this time comment, because I do not myself know, I have not been going to those meetings, but focusing on making the KS finally finish.

Been there, done that...

I was at the FLGS earlier today (picked up a couple of Crocodile Miniature's Basti on clearance, as well as an... interesting... new game, Tentacle Bento [adult oriented, but problably SFW if you google it]). I saw the Wall o' Bones that was his Undertaker order. I should've read this thread first....

-Dave

ETA: Which reminds me, if anyone got in on the IGG "Schoolgirls Love Tentacles", and ends up not liking it, I am sore sad I missed it. What? My wife has a tentacle thing, and I love anything tongue-in-cheek. Or tentacle-in-cheek if you prefer.

Edited by dispatchdave

- H8

the inventory we have on hand, instead of shipping to FLGS's, will be used at paint and takes and given away as samples.

The molds, I cannot at this time comment, because I do not myself know, I have not been going to those meetings, but focusing on making the KS finally finish.

Ok, fair enough.

For what it's worth, Ellen Stone and the townsfolk were minis I really wanted out of the KS, so I hope they make it to release eventually. The other ones are nice, but frankly, there are lots of other figures with robes and swords.

- H8

If there's 1 or 2 you really want, Don't Fear the Metal. They may have a counterpart.

Well, yeah, but if I wanted metal, I'd already own them, wouldn't I? ;)

I could play the indignant "already paid for it" card, but the truth is that I just don't want metal. I know it's nigh blasphemy to say so in front of the die-hards, the old-schoolers, the purists, etc, but frankly I'm simply tired of metal. Resin or plastic or GTFO.

- H8

• Like 1

I just used Mom & Kids in a game; I'm happy to have them.

As far as the molds go, now that they're made perhaps they can be transferred to Denton for use in Thomas? Since the expensive part is done they could possibly use the molds to produce-on-demand the figures in question. Or at least use them for training on their own injection machine.

Lots of options.

I just used Mom & Kids in a game; I'm happy to have them.

As far as the molds go, now that they're made perhaps they can be transferred to Denton for use in Thomas? Since the expensive part is done they could possibly use the molds to produce-on-demand the figures in question. Or at least use them for training on their own injection machine.

Lots of options.

That's what I'm hoping. If the mold isn't cut properly, then there might not be anything they can do about it. Assuming the mold is ok, maybe they can change the casting pressure, or temperature, or cooling time before demolding, or whatever, and then have them come out all right.

- H8