Lurker's first few Bones

GreyLurker

Well my Bones showed up on Monday and I have been hard at work painting them. Little out of practice and dusting off some old paints from who knows how long ago.

Tried two different ideas for the fire balls cause I want to have a good idea what I'm going to do with the transparent plastics once I get to the big ones.

Need to find a way to bring out the faces a bit better I think, there is some decent detail in them but I don't think my current paint skills are bringing it out properly.

I like how the mythos Moon Beast turned out. That was the one I dusted off old Paints for. Close to 20 year old paint yet still good.

over all though I'm very pleased with the product and I have many many months ahead to improve my painting skills.

post-10228-0-22277200-1375391044.jpg

post-10228-0-08139900-1375391050.jpg

post-10228-0-23092300-1375391053.jpg

post-10228-0-26785600-1375391059.jpg

post-10228-0-20960500-1375391062.jpg

• Like 12

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe, I like the pastels on the Lovecraft beastie. The others are good too. Can you post a closeup of the two humans? What I can see of them looks very well done.

Though... you did your fires backwards!

Did not even think of that till you mentioned it.

Good thing I was using those fireballs as test runs

i like the blood fountain and the iron golem

for the fire i can say that the last one is good

the forst 2 imho you just made a color error:

if you want fire to be realistic then brighter in the recesses and darker outside and going to the top (mostly exactly the opposite you do with normal lighting since the source is inside!^^)

Digging the eyes on the Frankenstein.

Thanks

I'm finding Eyes bit harder than they used to be. I'm 40 now and my hand isn't nearly as steady as it used to be..

Finding more than a few guys are coming out Crosseyed.

Thinking might be best to avoid doing pupiles from now on.

I'm finding Eyes bit harder than they used to be. I'm 40 now and my hand isn't nearly as steady as it used to be..

Probably your hand will get more steady in time. tough I'm only 37, so can't really compare ;). The models that you chose are quite tricky to paint the eyes in as well.

Nice work on the flames! looks really good. Are you using some kind of varnis at the end? Some parts of your miniatures seem to be really shiny, while other parts aren't.

Probably your hand will get more steady in time. tough I'm only 37, so can't really compare ;). The models that you chose are quite tricky to paint the eyes in as well.

Nice work on the flames! looks really good. Are you using some kind of varnis at the end? Some parts of your miniatures seem to be really shiny, while other parts aren't.

I was using a gloss seal when I was finished but I've run out and ened up getting a Matte Sealer cause that was all the store had at the time.

Not sure which I like better yet