Sign in to follow this  
Smokestack

ArcWorlde - The Fantasy Skirmish Wargame

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/warploqueminiatures/arcworlde-the-fantasy-skirmish-wargame?ref=users

This looks pretty cool. Its a 4 faction skirmish game... the video hints that more factions are coming. The first 4 are Humans. Orcs, Undead and halflings.

The Human faction comes with 7 minis and just unlocked a 8th one.

The Orcs are swamp moonshiner looking orcs with little goblin followers.

The undead are pirates..

And my Favorite... The halflings... I may get 2 sets of them...

c43cd388b533a0f800480754bfb02906_large.j

2dff899643adf76e6380a361fb0c1c30_large.j

8a68807a90b981dd334d7347c03ee0b3_large.j

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated

The creator seems to be a bit... "Different". Must be something in that Nottingham water.

He should be posting here. He'd fit right in.

I think this will be a pass for me however.

I've been following this guy for a while. Think he started around 2 years ago and has managed to expose a soft side of frothers as a lot of the people there helped him learn to sculpt.

I went in for the moonshining orks and goblins.

• Like 1

Interesting. I hadn't seen his posts on Frothers, but then I only stop by there occasionally.

The first thing that I thought when I saw the minis on the kickstarter was that they weren't quite there yet, they needed a bit more work to give them some character. Then on the video I caught that the guys age was only 20 and thought to myself I wish he'd waited to get a bit more sculpting under his belt before starting this KS.

His Halflings are the ones I like the best, and I realize that they're meant as a warband type of militia as opposed to character models, but still, at the price being asked, they're not quite there yet.

I just took a break from typing to look over the Halflings and other minis and I've realized part of what has been bothering me about them.

They're too angular. They have too many hard lines and edges where in fact there should be more smoothness and "flowing". Not sure if this is due to a lack of experience, or a conscious stylistic design choice.

And is it just me or after having gone through a little bit of a slow period, the mini kickstarters are now coming out hot and heavy again?

I thought "Warploque miniatures" sounded familiar. I remember that Frothers thread. Hasn't been the same there since the upgraded forums.

I've been following this guy for a while. Think he started around 2 years ago and has managed to expose a soft side of frothers as a lot of the people there helped him learn to sculpt.

I went in for the moonshining orks and goblins.

A soft side of Frothers? We truly are in the realms of fantasy

• Like 1

His Halflings are the ones I like the best, and I realize that they're meant as a warband type of militia as opposed to character models, but still, at the price being asked, they're not quite there yet.

I just took a break from typing to look over the Halflings and other minis and I've realized part of what has been bothering me about them.

They're too angular. They have too many hard lines and edges where in fact there should be more smoothness and "flowing". Not sure if this is due to a lack of experience, or a conscious stylistic design choice.

And is it just me or after having gone through a little bit of a slow period, the mini kickstarters are now coming out hot and heavy again?

I can see what you're talking about. not sure if it is design aesthetics or what.

I'd love to see some of these painted. I think the sharp, angular quality might really work for tabletop minis, with details really standing out.

I think the biggest danger this might run into is being too successful. He has blown through all his early stretch goals in the first day, I hope he carefully planned what he would do if the project gets really large. He does seem to be smart with add ons rather than freebees, so he might be fine, but I expect overly entitled backers demanding more and more.

I will definitely give this one some serious consideration.

• Like 1

I've got to wonder how much of the success so far has to do with the salesmanship of the creator.