Sign in to follow this  
catdancer

Streets of San Francisco (Novelty Vignette)...

post-11942-0-07237700-1375555778_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-48108800-1375555701_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-56783400-1375555622_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-48294700-1375555534_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-30328700-1375555417_thumb.jpg

I just completed another novelty vignette for my private collection...I have titled it (The Streets of San Francisco)!

The figures used were (Hasslefree - Old Man # HFV005 and Reaper Young Lady # 50157...Townfolk/Ladies of the Night).

Hope that you find it as cute as I do!

• Like 9

I see what you did there......that nice man is picking up his granddaughter from a Halloween party, right? ;)

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Skrill
      To change from fantasy, I wanted to do a quick paint of a Chronoscope mini in Bones. According to the store, it is "Frank Buck, Adventurer".
      I like the sculpt and its likeness to a very famous archaeologist / adventurer in the movies.

My goal was a quick & simple paint job and nothing fancy for the base.
      The problem was that the mini was badly bent at the ankles making it lean forward a lot and no boiling/cooling was able to fix it.
      So, I still had to re-base it, and got a bit carried away in the re-basing process which yield to this mini vignette: "Heading into the Jungle"

The tree and base texture was made with Scupley and lichen.
      The car is a Tamiya model kit of a Russian field car.
    • By giyomuSan
      That frog is finished.. finally...going to take some rest from scene set doing some more simple figure and base before go into my next one ( already have an idea with Reaper bones figure this time :D  )

My WIP for this project here :
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/81457-darksword-frog-hunter/
    • By ub3r_n3rd
      Having a hard time getting started back up on my keeper's sanctum diorama... I think I need to purposely take a break from it and work on some other stuff to get my creative juices flowing again. I have this idea in my head for a 75mm diorama featuring black sun miniatures' "Barbarian and the Lost Princess" (Conan) vs SC75's "Brock the Wanderer" 

I'm thinking in this piece that it will have Conan carrying the princess through a dungeon type setting and then Brock standing there in front of a doorway. I'm going to really pull from artwork that I admire in regards to barbarians such as Frazetta and Patrick J. Jones.

Right now I'm cleaning off the flash and mold lines, as soon as I do that, I'll wash everything and start to assemble as much as I can without causing issues during painting. 

Mood and color scheme inspiration pic from Patrick J. Jones -

• By Chaoswolf
      ...and finishing it in 10 days or less.

And you're all invited to come along for the ride. Audience participation is welcome and encouraged, just don't throw anything, please.
      (Unless it's money)

While on the hangouts last night, I had an idea for a new project, and then started to laugh. When asked what was so funny, I said that I had just thought of a cool idea for a vignette for Reapercon, but it was too bad it's only a little over a week away. Some of the helpful folks there encouraged me to 'go for it'. I laughed.

But I started thinking about it.

Then I really started to think about it; I got out some stuff, and made a crude  mock-up sketch. Then I thought about it some more.

....and now I think I'm going to do it. It's not like all of my other projects are already finished, right? Oh wait....

So, when I hobby, I usually have a couple different things going at one time, so that I can work on something else while i'm waiting for paint/glue/putty/whatever to dry. I was converting this fellow:
      http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Bones/latest/77408
      when the idea hit me.

So, what I'm thinking is a scene where the evil spell caster is summoning up some unholy thing from the pit for some evil shenanigans.

Mock up:

The big scary monster is not what I'm going to use; it's just a place holder. The summoning portal will be in the ground. What I'm thinking for the monster is that less is more; just an arm and top of the head, or some tentacles or something just starting to rise up out of the portal.
      What do you think?

Also, here's the guy I converted:

Since he was the chap that inspired this idea, I was going to use him as the star, (and I still might), but I was wondering if the calm pose works alright ( I imagine all the chanting, bloodletting and so on has concluded and he's just waiting for his minion to come forth ), or if a more action-y pose (arms spread, holding a staff/sword/something over the head, something like that) would be better.

Well, what do you think?
  • Who's Online   21 Members, 1 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)