Lizard Men with Spears (06039) - Third Figure

papadage

My third figure. I tried to do layered highlights, which did not work well for me with the skin texture. I would up having to do a bit of dry brushing to correct it. But I'm pretty happy with the result. Don't mind the glue. It's fresh, so it'll dry clear. I am also going to clean up the rim of the base in a big batch once I get a half dozen or so figures done.

9437673604_1f82d2bbdd_b.jpg
9434896281_a80bc4855e_b.jpg
Edited by papadage
  • Like 14

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your brush control is absolutely good enough to try some reptilian eye styled painting in the eyes! I've been googling reptilian eyes for my lizardmen, and I think I'll be going for a yellow eye blending to red in the middle, and then just black line across the eye (a little thicker in the middle).

For your third mini this is most excellent. I think you can add some pop to his spear by doing a light black wash and then bringing it up to something light like Caucasian skin. I like what you did with the base, but I can see white glue through your ballast. I would recommend using wood glue as that dries clear.Just add a bit more ballast and you can cover that glue up. Ballast can also be painted. Use thinned paint and let it dry completely between applications. Then drybrush with a lighter colour at the top. This will give you depth. Also when you are done, paint the rim of the base in black to give it a nice clean finish.

Did a bit more. Touched up the teeth. Did a bit on the eyes. Added a bit deeper shadow to the recesses, and did a little on the spear, which did not come out as well. I cleaned up the base. Just filing the issues with it for later minis..

9437915753_e2dcdb9f7d_b.jpg
  • Like 6

Thanks. I ordered a finer brush and some drying retarder and flow aid to help with smaller details like that, and some micron pens for the even more control on the small stuff. I also got a bunch of colored India inks for diluting and using for deepening and evening color. So, more experimentation coming.

• Like 1