My Bones Ogre Chieftain

Warbringer

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not bad!

did you take the photo right after the wash and it's still drying or is it a varnish? in the second case a matte finisher can do wonders!

if i may give you some advices to improve it:

highlights if you have the original colors before the wash it's good to use it and gently drybrush all (i mean a REALLY dry brush^^)

the nails on the feet and the hands (just the thumbs there) if you miss a yellowish white use the white and a bit of the skin tone and apply a thin layer (add some water)

you missed the fur on the legs^^

For the gem it's just a trick there are tons of tutorials it's easy!^^

oh my it seems i'm criticizing... i'm not the work is good!^^

Good start!

not bad!

did you take the photo right after the wash and it's still drying or is it a varnish? in the second case a matte finisher can do wonders!

My guess is that the shading was done with an ink. If this is true - my advice would be to try to simply use a darker color to shade flesh, rather than an ink. Inks are naturally shiny and can do well with metal or other 'glossy' things; but the gloss can be jarring in the case of flesh or other naturally matte surface.

Though I think it's also true that a matte varnish could flatten out the gloss, so this might work just as well really.