Here is a selection of Bones I have painted so far. I bought five original ones prior to the bones being shipped to see what they are like.

Here is the ghost.

9446900466_0b261958c4.jpg

Here is the werewolf, I quite like how he came out.

9446907790_bd9a693cc0.jpg

My Ogre Chieftain

9444126795_781d636a94.jpg

Here is Garrik the Bold

9444119189_5cba864222.jpg

Here is Fimbur the Dwarf

9519829755_8f6c4c8006.jpg

This is the first lot.

More to come as I have now finished some of the Vampire set.

If its ok to post directly from the IPhone?

Update11/9/13 - I have just posted the right links for the pictures to appear. Also seen some of the pictures aren't great so will replace at some point.

Update 2/1/14 - have now combined this as compendium of all the models I have painted.

Edited by Edsterdoom
  • Like 13
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is a selection of Bones I have painted so far. I bought five original ones prior to the bones being shipped to see what they are like.   Here is the ghost.   Here is the werewolf, I quite l

Well I have been a bit busy since the last time I posted here. I have been getting a few more models ready to paint and I have also been looking at making some scenery. I also realised that if I didn'

Happy New Year Everyone!!   I managed to get a few more models painted over the December period. These Bones photos will appear in the coming days. The main reason for is update is the Empire of the

you can post them however you want provided they don't have any nudity, you have to link those for everything else I would suggest embedding the pictures so we don't have to follow an external link.

For example

9447526266_b8beacb03e.jpg

and Good start on the bones.

On second thought I noticed your using flicker, in that case just copy the bbcode and paste it directly into your posts.
and you will get something like this.
9447526266_b8beacb03e.jpg
Une2weqtitled by Color out of space, on Flickr

in this case you don't want to name the pictures gibberish like I did :blink:

Edited by pocketcthulhu
  • 2 weeks later...

Well it's been fairly hectic here - I have painted some more Bones figures so far but having generally been putting them on suitable bases. So far I have done some of the smaller bugs (spiders and scarabs).

But I have moved onto some of the human figures.

Here is an updated version of Fimbur on a new base.

9519829755_8f6c4c8006.jpg

The completed Undertaker/Gravedigger these have yet to be varnished so they are a bit shiny.

9519825251_bb8b1dfc9d.jpg

And finally the Blacksmith

9522620024_8562d350aa.jpg

The model do look a bit different close up using my phone camera but they do the models justice I think. I need a bit more practice on eyes, and highlighting and shading but that was the reason I invested in the Bones in the first place.

Edited by Edsterdoom
  • Like 8

Another update and I have finished another three bones.

The first is the lady of ill repute. Quite happy with how it turned out with inks and drybrushing.

9549230912_181260ccc3.jpg

To finish some more town people I then painted the innkeeper.

9546452693_1bbc2d242c.jpg

This time I used my version of army painter quick stain(a watered down light oak varnish) which does the same job. After a bit of drybrushing I was happy. Not sure about the eyes but he does have a angry look about him.

And last but not least for now is the maid with the broom. Once again used with my version of quick stain.

9546458743_5eab903e59.jpg

Overall I am very happy with how these turned out. Next up some more zombies and skeleton methinks.

And comments welcome.

• Like 10
  • 2 weeks later...

As stated in the last post here are a few pics of the most recent bones I painted.

First off here are two skeleton spearmen (). I like these models.

9624341348_fb34f9ff9b.jpg

Here are two zombies one with a green wash and one dipped. I like how these turned out.

9624324566_2a67a1c21d.jpg

Finally here is the Mom & Kids model. They are missing a lot of facial features but I will use them as peasants in a game where an evil rhinoplasty warlock lives.

9624319248_a70f8acc86.jpg

• Like 8

I love the chipped paint look on the skeletons - how did you accomplish it?

Hi thanks for the comment. That's the first time anyone has asked how I painted something!! I assume you are referring to the shields? If so I painted them with the base colours and then did a highlight. Finally using a very thin brush I used a old GW paint and put the few marks on them. You have to take a risk too many and it wouldn't look right too few and they look like new shields.

Hope that makes sense.

• Like 1

I love the chipped paint look on the skeletons - how did you accomplish it?

Hi thanks for the comment. That's the first time anyone has asked how I painted something!! I assume you are referring to the shields? If so I painted them with the base colours and then did a highlight. Finally using a very thin brush I used a old GW paint and put the few marks on them. You have to take a risk too many and it wouldn't look right too few and they look like new shields.

Hope that makes sense.

It does make sense. I think the effect is very nice. We'll see if I can pull it off as well as you did one of these days!

Heidi

Well it's been a few days since the last post and I have manged to get a few more models painted. Not quite sure how many I will have done by the end of the year but I need to speed up a bit. I have two more kickstarters due for posting as well as possible rumours of a second bones kickstater!!

Anyway first up is then Barmaid (77085) I have been trying to finish the townsfolk off to populate a Hirst Arts models which I will post soon.
9668774797_5848e44cd1.jpg

Next up is two additional zombies (77014) once again painted differently to add to the mix. These are nice and easy to paintnandnimthinkmi will purchase a few more at some point.
9672007180_234eefbb32.jpg

Following this is a 77165: Hellakin Goregutter, Halfling Rogue. Not that pleased with this as I didnt get inspired with the colours to use.
9672003718_6e05691cd6.jpg

That's it for now comments welcome. I intend to put the product codes in when I get a chance but using the iPad isn't as easy as a of for that.

Edited by Edsterdoom
  • Like 8