The Minirator - New Miniature Voting Service

Flow

Well heck, that ball of twine unrolled easier than I thought it would.

I think it's already fixed - someone who's not an admin needs to test it. Mini's uploaded should go straight to published for the time being. :bday:

Posted straight to live. Thanks. And ...

VOTE LOBRAIS!

• Like 1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't do any written critiquing and I realize this is one of the reasons for the site. I felt a bit awkward as this site is brand new and I don't want to put anyone off. I'll get better at this as we go along.

Also where it says This Miniature Is For Sale, does that mean I am willing to sell my painted figure? Every mini I paint is for sale as I'm not a gamer and I just use the money to buy more mini's, paints, basing material, etc.

Also where it says This Miniature Is For Sale, does that mean I am willing to sell my painted figure? Every mini I paint is for sale as I'm not a gamer and I just use the money to buy more mini's, paints, basing material, etc.

I should add a link for that, really. The store link was intended for people to buy their own copies of the mini; not the painted mini itself. But - I don't see any harm of people posting a painted mini and then wanting to link back to their store.

I'll add a new field soon. :bday:

• Like 1

Hi I just joined and have some comments:

1) Would be nice if the rating was right below the picture, as it was I scrolling up and down between the ratings and the picture for every rating. I felt that was a bit annoying.

2) I wrote a comment, but when I submitted the ratings, the comment disappeared. Seems counter-intuitive that you have to save your comments separately.

Overall good job, I will post and rate some more and let you know if I find anything else that bugs me :B):

• Like 1

1) Would be nice if the rating was right below the picture, as it was I scrolling up and down between the ratings and the picture for every rating. I felt that was a bit annoying.

2) I wrote a comment, but when I submitted the ratings, the comment disappeared. Seems counter-intuitive that you have to save your comments separately.

Overall good job, I will post and rate some more and let you know if I find anything else that bugs me :B):

Okay, 1.) is fixed I believe. The voting form is right below the body. The artist's description is still between the image and the voting booth, but the scroll time should be much improved.

2.) is also a point and is (again) something I realized. Due to the framework I'm dealing with this is a little tricky, but I'm going to tinker with it and see what I can do.

Okay, 1.) is fixed I believe. The voting form is right below the body. The artist's description is still between the image and the voting booth, but the scroll time should be much improved.

2.) is also a point and is (again) something I realized. Due to the framework I'm dealing with this is a little tricky, but I'm going to tinker with it and see what I can do.

Just add a comment box to the voting form. The voter will leave a comment there. Have that comment dump to the comment table in the DB when handling the voting. Should simplify the process of commenting about the piece during the vote as opposed to trying to use the comment system at the bottom. Hide the comment field on the voting section when they are looking at it after voting as that's not a relevant location to leave a comment anymore.

As an aside I have some notes I am putting together re: reviewing your reviewing system. I've been busy at work so haven't had a ton of time to finish it.

Edited by Thrym
  • Like 1