#50015 Tool Bots

AnneO'Leary

I completed my tool bots. I used these colours and the scenic backgrounds because they are Pulp figures. This is not my best work, but sometimes you have to let people see your work even when it stinks.. I have a W.I.P. on these little guys here http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/49983-olearys-wip-thread-of-everything-reaper/page-4#entry751524

post-12251-0-56067900-1376074637_thumb.jpgpost-12251-0-41956500-1376074662_thumb.jpg

post-12251-0-22626800-1376074689_thumb.jpgpost-12251-0-99196700-1376074745_thumb.jpg

I'd been without sleep for 48 hours when I was finishing these and there are seams and white bits on those crates. A bit of angry bodging went on there, but it got done. The bases, well I have no good excuse for those.

• Like 15

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem down on these guys, but they've served to make me want a set. I have no current need for them, but your paint job looks like loads of fun. And I a actually think the bases are great!

Don't be afraid to have different qualities of paint job. You're a skilled enough painter that even the quick things will come off looking pretty swell, so let yourself enjoy it.

...now if I just put together some specialty homunculus stats, I could convince myself I need to include these in my game...

• Like 3

Awwww..what cute wittle wobots. Those bases are a little distracting, but the bots look great. I also like the container with the pin-up on the side.

When I came up with the idea for using plain silver discs, it looked good in my mind. The execution however, was a bit different.

You seem down on these guys, but they've served to make me want a set. I have no current need for them, but your paint job looks like loads of fun. And I a actually think the bases are great!

Don't be afraid to have different qualities of paint job. You're a skilled enough painter that even the quick things will come off looking pretty swell, so let yourself enjoy it.

...now if I just put together some specialty homunculus stats, I could convince myself I need to include these in my game...

They are cute little guys and I did like painting them. I'd never done Pulp before, but now I really, really like it so I picked up a few more Pulp figs from Reaper. The Space Chimp I got is really cool.

Aw man, these little guys remind me of some toys I used to play with called "Z-Bots". I want to dig them out of the storage now.

They do look like kiddie toys now that you mention it. They were influenced a bit by Mystery Science Theater 3000.

Ok, been out of mini painting since 2008, so I don't feel I can critique anything adequately.

What I will say is that for being up 48 hours straight I admire how clean the paint job is for that time span.

I don't find the bases distracting - I find them awesome. Afterall they are robots. Robots are seen in the movies standing on metal floors and all sorts of sci-fi type surfaces. Silver works fine.

• Like 1

Ok, been out of mini painting since 2008, so I don't feel I can critique anything adequately.

What I will say is that for being up 48 hours straight I admire how clean the paint job is for that time span.

I don't find the bases distracting - I find them awesome. Afterall they are robots. Robots are seen in the movies standing on metal floors and all sorts of sci-fi type surfaces. Silver works fine.

Thank your for that. I think if they had been more uniform and tidy, they might have worked better.