77157: Griffon

Teskal

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the wings look superb but the chestnut look hurt the claws and beak Imo, Way too much.

Mmh, yes, the inside of the claws has little much of it and the beak, too. I will change it.

I checked some pictures of eagles and I think I will change the eyes, too.

I find it very interesting that very often wolves or other predators like this one, has the eyes not in the front of the face. Predators need it for 3D-Vison. Without it this griffon will never catch anything.

Edited by Teskal

Wings look really really good! Agree with what pocketc said, the claws and beak, and bottom of the feet, look to have been dirtied up a bit excessively by the wash.

I did that a lot when I started out. Just get the brush dry and use it to suck pools off of the mini, makes quick work of it when the wash is still wet.

Also helps to move away from the "cover it all!" part, as it makes it easy to miss an area.

Keep em coming!

I updated him.

The Problem with the ink and this miniature was that he has fur, but not very deep fur, so I covered him completely with ink. The Wings got the ink, because I wanted make the grey more brownish.

I think he will get tomorrow a second coat of matt varnish.

Edited by Teskal
  • Like 1

yea much better as you can make out a lot more of the detail in the claws now, If you thin down your wash and I'm talking super thin here like 6/1 drops of water to drops of paint or more depending on what your doing you can really make those cracks and nooks pop.

Edited by pocketcthulhu
  • Like 1