Sign in to follow this  
Amalor Myrnnyx

Steele Hearts and Steel Blades

I wanted to do a week without any Mechs, but I just couldn't. This beautiful Berserker repose that Mr Balk did for me was calling my name. I decided to do this piece in the colors of a merc unit from an early campaign in my BT days, the Steele Hearts.

Also this week, my Nefsokar army gains a few new members, and my Pathfinder group finally gets their characters.

As always, thoughts, opinions, and thrown pottery welcome.

Steele Hearts - Berserker
20-642f.jpg

Reaper Warlord - Netikerti
14081.jpg

Reaper Warlord - Arik Tallazar
14314b.jpg

Reaper Warlord - Dust Devil
14245b.jpg

Reaper Warlord - Dust Devil
65072.jpg

Reaper Pathfinder - Damiel, Iconic Alchemist
60044.jpg

Reaper Pathfinder - Cleric of Calistria
60092.jpg

Hasslefree - Sana
hfh062.jpg

• Like 21

Very cool and well done! My only question is Damiel (his dagger is bent). Is this the bones version or the metal version. Both my metal version and Bones version had a similar bend, which bent straight very easily.

I really like the skin tones and, as always, your mechs are top notch!

Your Netikerti is great! Where did the book and stand come from?

The Book and stand are from Crocodile's Age of Aegeptus. The inside of the book is a decal from Ginfritter's Gnomish Workshop.

Did you add some pigment to give the alchemist some texture on his leather looking clothes? I love the look it has. Whether it is pigment, the sculpt or your painting technique...awesome mini.

Did you add some pigment to give the alchemist some texture on his leather looking clothes? I love the look it has. Whether it is pigment, the sculpt or your painting technique...awesome mini.

I used a sponge technique for that.

• Like 1

Ooh, these are all great, but Damiel is my favorite. I haven't seen him painted up as a dark elf or drow before, and the rich warm browns go beautifully with the cold purple-black of his skin. And so many different browns on one mini! I love it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Floyd Ryan
      This Karzoug, Runelord of Greed and the Big Bad Evil Guy of the Pathfinder Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path. I am currently a player in that campaign and one day we will meet in one of these dungeons. This is the first time I tried my hand at an OSL effect. To make things simple I imagined him to float in a dark room with illumination only coming from his burning glaive, which kind of allowed me to limit myself to shades of two colors. 

• By Fliptrip
      Hi i pre-ordered a Valeros Iconic fighter v1 at our local game store, i would like to ask if there is assemble required with mini beside the base assembly? Do still need to pin some parts of the mini? Tnx

• By Darcstaar
      Another mini which has been done for a while: a raptor.  This was meant for a module that uses a raptor hatchling as an animal companion for a kobold Ranger.

Here is a link to the WIP.
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/87634-14475-warlord-raptor-reptus/&tab=comments#comment-1856740

C&C welcome.
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Amiri, she's an Iconic Barbarian from Reapers Pathfinder line.

Had this one a little while, but all the fiddly bits kept putting me off (and I normally like fiddly minis), she turned out to be super fun to paint though.

As always any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By WhiteWulfe
      Witty title not found.  Honestly couldn't think of one, not even a unit name.  I blame cramped up from assembly paws.  Didn't want to go with "rides again" or something, that feels too silly... or something 

A while back another forum member here sent me what I've playfully called a "welcome back to the hobby" package which had a number of things in it, but specific to this thread would be five mechs - A Masakari Prime (aka Warhawk), Black Hawk Prime (aka Nova), Ryoken Prime (aka Stormcrow), Uller Prime (aka Kit fox), and Puma Prime (aka Adder).  Now that I have an extra 3' of hobbying space that I'm hoping will be reserved as a "build-out" area, I figured it was best to get that particular use started out.

But first, a soft lil "farewell, but this is not goodbye" set of pics to the previous use of the space - a hobby I was involved heavily in for over five years, and will return to at some point, but for the time being it just wasn't providing much in the way of joy.  Skip the spoiler if not interested 

Okay, now what we're all really here for, the minis.

^As previously mentioned, I have enough to make an initial star of mechs.  For those that don't know BattleTech, a star is what the clans use for their unit sizing.  In this case, it's five mechs.

^First three, assembled!

^Ryoken/Stormcrow

^Blackhawk/Nova

Uller/Kit Fox

The other two will see assembly once my paws stop feeling so cramped up from holding tiny, tiny pieces and cleaning many mold lines...  In short, things begin.  Oh, and odds are I'll be going with Alpha Keshik for the paintjob.  Sure, it's the "traditional" colour for them, and it's also hot rodder's delight, but eh.  Such is life :P
  • Who's Online   32 Members, 3 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)