Miniature Mentor?

I'm sure this has been asked at some point but does anyone know anything about the Miniature mentor videos? I was thinking about getting the one about basic sculpting with Christophe Letellier does anyone know if they are any good it IS only 15 dollars so i wouldn't be out too much. Thank you for any information in advance have a great day.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the one with Luca Zampriolo who does large mecha type garage kits. The quality of the video and audio is really good. It really helped me to see some of the stuff I'd read Luca explain on different forums and such. It didn't make it much easier, but now I know what it looks like when you do it right!

I can only speak for that one series, but I feel like I easily got my money out of it.

I've got Laurent's 101 vid and it's pretty cool. Good quality and dialog, though the off-camera non-Laurent guy can get in the way a bit, verbally. Laurent is into glazing big time, though, so check it out if you're into that style (won't be of much use for wet-blenders, etc).

It's probably my second favorite after Jen and Anne's Dark Sword vid (which is the best!)

Edited by CashWiley

Honestly I was really disappointed with the $15 one, he only makes weapons in it. I don't even remember those two minis in the photo being shown in the video, very misleading. If you're interested in learning to sculpt figures I recommend the 'Secrets of the Brotherhood: Master Class with James van Schaik.' He sculpts a whole woman (the chickie with the gun) from start to finish, many hours of great footage.

• Like 1

The one Jen Haley did for monochrome technique was awesome! I learned a lot as far as her approach to color values, light specularity and placement of tones so the colors (in this case mid tones , darks and lights are working together rather than against each other.