The highwaymen!

Dibbler

Got 24 of these persians from wargames factory, and decided to paint some of them robin hood - ish. My first attempt at pingo-painting :)

post-9309-0-85494100-1376510076_thumb.jpgpost-9309-0-10410100-1376510081_thumb.jpgpost-9309-0-36919800-1376510085_thumb.jpgpost-9309-0-02340400-1376510090_thumb.jpg

Painted in-between the painting competition kobolds, to do something a bit more quick. I struggled with the highlights on the cloath, any insights to that ?

Any tips and feedback welcome :)

Edited by Dibbler
  • Like 7

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They look nice. For higher highlights on the cloth I would suggest a very pale yellow or a creamy white, gently blended, just over the tops of the wrinkles and the shoulders, and a bit of the shirt color as a highlight on the headgear.

So, er ... Pingo-painting?

• Like 1

Thankies! It feels good to get feedback and kind words to this sort of thing, I only see the flaws of the minis right when they are done! :)

Hey I bought a handful of sprues of those guys. Love their gimpy arms eh?

Hehe, yeah, and that one midget-arm! Still, can't beat that price! I'm considering getting a few more, to fill out the ranks of the highwaymen, and to get a small persian contigent for SBH :) (Someone need to guide that bones purple worm!).

For higher highlights on the cloth I would suggest a very pale yellow or a creamy white, gently blended, just over the tops of the wrinkles and the shoulders, and a bit of the shirt color as a highlight on the headgear.

So, er ... Pingo-painting

Thats a great idea! I allready have some drybrushed shirt color on the headgear. I'll keep it in mind on the next batch, but I need something other to paint before that ;)

Hehe, I'll call it something else if you'd like :P Thank you for the tutorial, but I definately need more training. Perhaps I should paint a lid for a small forest or something :)

• Like 1