MonkeySloth

Bones Kickstarter #2 Pre-discussion

If the pre-kickstarter thread exploded to these proportions, I shudder to think how many pints of tears the servers will shed when the actual kickstarter launches.

• Like 1

If the pre-kickstarter thread exploded to these proportions, I shudder to think how many pints of tears the servers will shed when the actual kickstarter launches.

20. 20 pints of tears.

• Like 5

Great flying paint bottles, people! It took me almost an hour to catch up to this thread due to the severely slowed loading time. Reaper's main store page completely stopped working for me about two hours ago (though the couple of times it partially loaded gave me a fun picture of the KS countdown at 00:00 :devil: ). 10 hours till and y'all are ALREADY crashing sites? :blink::wacko::wow:

I'll be up for the start of the KS, but I don't think I'm going to be able to get on due to KS's servers becoming meltified from all the F5-ing. Part of me wonders if KS implemented the auto-updater due to Reaper's KS, since I know it wasn't a thing prior to it.

See everyone bright and shiny tomorrow (er, I mean TODAY) morning! :bday:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 2

Less than 8 hours to go.

Going to have to set the alarm to wake me just a wee bit earlier than normal.

And those lazy Federal employees are out too.

(I did not need today off, Congress. Kickstarter isn't blocked by the firewall.)

• Like 1

Reaper hasn't been advertizing too hard, so I expect that many of the original backers may be unaware of the new project. I'd be surprised at more than a few thousand backers in the first day, so probably hitting $1M mid-morning Wednesday.

Word of mouth will be important, and some folks will wait until the deal overcomes their doubts about Reaper's handling of shipping last time.

Edited by KevinR

UK teachers strike today (some regions). Coincidence???

Uk teachers? How about the whole US government shutting down? Bones is serious business.

Edit: and my Reaper Clock says 6h03. Goose bumps.

Edited by Godfather Punk
  • Like 1