Sign in to follow this  
MonkeySloth

Bones Kickstarter #2 Pre-discussion

On the one hand I'm all

Lalala.jpg

but on the other hand the first KS was such good value for money...

I hope Reaper can work with some EU distributor this time, to ease customs woes.

Edited by Godfather Punk
  • Like 1

Buglips,

Do you have a sink that is big enough for Kaly? Boil water in the four biggest pots you have, put Big K in stoppered sink, pour boiling water into sink. Let set for ~30 sec. Remove Big K and reposition. In other side of double sink have ice water to set.

Other option is an ice chest.

If they do mean all new sculpts as in all new sculpts... and they are talking bigger, I wonder it this will be a lot less minis but bigger ones? Just a few posts ago it was mentioned that they haven't started serious planning yet, but have asked the concept artists for cool designs. I don't feel confident that even Reaper can come up with 200+ minis in a few months. Concepts, maybe... but I'm not going to be as excited about a KS with two hundred concept drawings and only two dozen sculpts.

So I'm hoping for big stuff. Dragons, people riding dragons, dragons having some tea at a small corner bistro, and maybe a dragon with dragon-like qualities as well. Oh, and a dragon would be nice.

• Like 3

I feel like if I were in Reaper's shoes, I'd want to know how the kickstarter will affect post-ks sales before starting another one. I guess the fact that they are starting a new one right away means they aren't worried about this problem.

I guess the fact that they are starting a new one right away means they aren't worried about this problem.

My guess? Retail sales of Bones have gone UP, possibly by a lot, since the KS started. I'd expect ongoing higher sales even though the KS minis haven't properly hit retail yet. This is derived from Reaper's enthusiasm to have another go even while mopping up the nasty end of the previous one and a wild, wild guess with two, possibly entirely fictional bases:

1. The Bones KS 1 got Reaper more publicity in a month than they normally get in 5-6 years.

2. People with the Vampire box find minis are great fun and since Bones are cheap they're now mini buyers (now EVERYONE in the group wants a cool PC figure, now EVERY goblin needs to be a proper goblin, now EVERY major boss or monster would be so much cooler with a mini....) in other words, very many KS backers became long term customers.

Point 3, (NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!) would be that for everyone who picked up a Vamp box there's probably 3-4 friends who'll at least think about minis now. But that's a weaker intuition. Might be right, might be wrong, might be right-er than the other two, I dunno.

Edited by smokingwreckage

I will. If I can find a pot big enough to boil Kaladrax.

ETA - By delivery of ks 2 I mean. Not by its start.

Two words: Turkey Fryer.

I'm trying to find a solution that doesn't cost more than the dragon.

Get a stock pot at goodwill.

• Like 1

Wee! Bigger?

What if it is a bunch of huge minis? Because more minis? 0.0

Definitely, as we are still lacking in giants minis! Hill giants, stone giants, and need more frost giants and cloud giants... in fact, moar everything!

I guess the fact that they are starting a new one right away means they aren't worried about this problem.

My guess? Retail sales of Bones have gone UP, possibly by a lot, since the KS started. I'd expect ongoing higher sales even though the KS minis haven't properly hit retail yet. This is derived from Reaper's enthusiasm to have another go even while mopping up the nasty end of the previous one and a wild, wild guess with two, possibly entirely fictional bases:

1. The Bones KS 1 got Reaper more publicity in a month than they normally get in 5-6 years.

2. People with the Vampire box find minis are great fun and since Bones are cheap they're now mini buyers (now EVERYONE in the group wants a cool PC figure, now EVERY goblin needs to be a proper goblin, now EVERY major boss or monster would be so much cooler with a mini....) in other words, very many KS backers became long term customers.

Point 3, (NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!) would be that for everyone who picked up a Vamp box there's probably 3-4 friends who'll at least think about minis now. But that's a weaker intuition. Might be right, might be wrong, might be right-er than the other two, I dunno.

I purchased at least of one of every available bones while I was waiting for my big box......and I know I am not the only one.

I can't wait for this one! From the little hints from the Reaper peeps at GenCon, there should be some very spiffy, BIG minis coming our way.

I'm in.

Very much so.

I just found this thread, though I saw the pic of the flyer a few days ago. I've been hoping to hear about a second Kickstarter since the last one ended. I'm a non-minis-hobbyist, and I only wanted these for RPG purposes. Back in the day, I never bought minis except in rare instances. I couldn't afford them and game books (my primary hobby expense), and I wasn't very interested in painting them. So Bones were perfect for me, and I got to make up for about 30 years of not buying minis in one fell swoop. Even after sifting through the wealth of Bones I received a while back, I was eager for more: more classic D&D-style monsters, more giants (and titans), at least one Kaladrax-sized "living" dragon (y'know that Colossal Red that WotC made for its DDM line? At least that big). I've already posted numerous times in the "Bones You'd Like to See" threads, but those I just mentioned are a good start. More Chronoscope - I NEED those Terminator-looking robots in Bones!

• Like 2

I purchased at least of one of every available bones while I was waiting for my big box......and I know I am not the only one.

Yup. I'm not sure I had even heard about Reaper prior to KS1 (I hadn't really been in to minis outside of GW and D&D prepaints), but while I was waiting for my big box I bought ten of their existing bones and God knows how much Reaper paint. They certainly did get a lot of publicity.

• Like 1

Hopefully they partner with Badger.

Grex. Please Grex. ::):

God, I can't wait! My boyfriend wants in on these this time too. I hope we'll still be able to afford rent after this. :)

Several of us are just living out of the cardboard boxes our rewards arrived in. I've got a 2-room deal with an attached Kaladrax and free McDonald's Wi-Fi.

Between the boxes and the LDPE 4 bags you should have a hobo Mansion.