Sign in to follow this  
MonkeySloth

Bones Kickstarter #2 Pre-discussion

The Reaper Folks must have some sick fetish to punish themself!

Oh my wife IS NOT GOING TO BE HAPPY. I am going to watch this, build up some cash to stockpile this time. Depends on what they put in this time...Cthulu, Chronoscope and the monsters is what drew me in on this one....so if the Reaper folks are reading....

1) Horror stuff...

2) Chronoscope - Super Heroes

You will sucker me back again! :blues:

• Like 4

I have faith in Reaper.

I'm sure to be on board for the next adventure. I did spend a lot the last time, so I best be prepared to move into a large storage unit once the Fiancée boots me out.

If you have faith in Reaper feel free to use the graphic in my signature.

Edited by Thrym
  • Like 2

I say ROW gets priority shipping in the next round, then Canada, then domestic. Balance things a bit.

Umm.... no.... I sympathize with the RoW... but I'm also wanting mine. I can't think of a logical reason why shipping takes so long to other countries except for customs. That seems like a "you problem" for the RoW and since it takes so much longer to cater to their individual customs requirements, they should wait until the packages which are "slap a label" and ship happen first. Companies exist state side which will route shipping to countries outbound, it just costs more in shipping (the actual shipping costs) - want it faster, hire one of these services.

I would like some soldier types that I could use mulitiples of...

Like http://www.reapermin.../sku-down/14581 Oakhearth Warden

Or a whole army with related figs...

http://www.reapermin.../sku-down/14411 Khamsin ranger

http://www.reapermin.../sku-down/14255 Khamsin mounted archer

http://www.reapermin.../sku-down/14253 khamsin lancer

http://www.reapermin.../sku-down/14252 khamsin raider

http://www.reapermin.../sku-down/06141 khamsin herdsmen

http://www.reapermin.../sku-down/06140 khamsin dervish

Or the Nefoskar stuff... see this search http://www.reapermin...eStore/Nefsokar

• Like 1

I agree with the multitudes of monsters. I have a decent selection of PCs and will go buy one if the occasion calls for it. i would really like to just be able to dip my hand into my "orc" bin and pull out a tribe lol. I also like the idea of dragons but wouldn't it be really cool if they did some more of the actual elder gods from Lovecraft (nyrolathotep, Yog-Sothoth, etc.) like they did with C'thulhu in the first KS? I would really like to see that.

• Like 2

I say ROW gets priority shipping in the next round, then Canada, then domestic. Balance things a bit.

Umm.... no.... I sympathize with the RoW... but I'm also wanting mine. I can't think of a logical reason why shipping takes so long to other countries except for customs. That seems like a "you problem" for the RoW and since it takes so much longer to cater to their individual customs requirements, they should wait until the packages which are "slap a label" and ship happen first. Companies exist state side which will route shipping to countries outbound, it just costs more in shipping (the actual shipping costs) - want it faster, hire one of these services.

As a ROW myself, I will opine about it.

I don´t have a problem with waiting. I don´t have a problem with getting my stuff later than others. This is a great deal, and if I have to wait a little more (as long as I don´t have to wait four months) I don´t have a problem with it.

Normally my customs agency is slow, sometimes I have to wait 3-4 months to get a ebay package. So, one or two month delay is no big deal.

(especially with my famous slow painting skills)

If helps more people to get them stuff sooner, US should be first, clean space, help employees get speed in the shipping process, and leaves chance to Reaper notice errors that cost them a lot less money to correct than ROW´s (see the Kaladrax leg for instance).

That said, I know Reaper has now much more know-how in logistics and the BONES II will be much more smooth to ride.

• Like 2

I've said it before and I will say it again. I want Bones Warlord factions. Box sets with lots of figs so you can buy big armies for good prices. A reprint of the rules. Data card pdfs. Give me all the Factions or abilities to buy them again. I will be in regardless but I really want things that will help me fill my games with tons of monsters.

• Like 4

I am definitely in. Probably won't get as much this time (I say that now). I am fairly new to painting and at my recent pace of 1 mini per week I will be done with the first batch in about 4-5 years :) Hopefully I can speed that up on things like the orcs and kobolds.

I agree with Prophetic_joe... big armies... I would love to have a who Khamsin army... And could use it in RPGs liek Dark sun, or Alqadin... or as a Warhammer army... Please give me some khamsin...

I only just found this thread, and I am excited :bday: . However I will wait to see what is in the KS before I say I am in, if they look like minis we will use (most likely) I will definitely be in.

I am an Aussie who still hasn't received notification yet, and I definitely understand why others are concerned about at KS being announced so soon. However I trust Reaper know what they are doing. Personally, I am happy for the extra warning so I can start putting aside a bit of money each pay day so that when the second KS goes live I have more freedom in our choices (my husband and I ordered together). With the first order, we had to be very selective with our extras as we just didn't have the funds.

I do hope they have learnt from their first KS because I would have liked to see more communication - or at least have Bryan post his updates in one place so I didnt have to sift through 100s of posts in forums, comments and facebook to get an idea of what is going on. However, I do not think that the way they dealt with the first KS is reason to think they are an untrustworthy company as I have seen others post. I think they were learning, and while yes they could have picked up on communication earlier - I think I saw a post about how they had to go through official channels to update on the KS page where Bryan had more freedom to comment else where. If this was the case, it would have been harder to make changes when they were focusing on other, more pressing, problems. I do hope they have a better system for the second KS.

As for shipping, I doubt they will put ROW first, and while I would be happy if they did I wont be unhappy if they dont. I have been okay with waiting as long as I have, its a great deal and it was a huge project for them, these things take time. What has annoyed me is that I don't even have an estimate of when I will receive me minis and that makes it harder. Everyday I check my email hoping to seeing an email from Reaper and so far I have been very disappointed. So for me, it still comes back to improving communication. If I do get into the second KS I will have a lot lower expectations of Reaper and hope to be pleasantly surprised - both on the communication front and the shipping front.

Once all the shipping is sorted and all that, and before the second KS, I would like them to do a large post saying how they felt things went, what needs improving in the second KS and how they hope to do this. Even if they don't do this I will still support the KS (if the rewards are something we will use), however I would be much happier knowing they have seriously looked at this.

All that said, I want to say I am personally grateful for all they work Reaper has put in, especially Bryan who has at least tried to keep us informed. I dont want any of my post to sound too critical because I think they have really tried to do the best by their customers, as they always have. And that is something that makes me really appreciate Reaper as a company. ^_^

As for what will be in the next KS, I think there will be a mix just like the first, I believe this because it will interest a wider range of people. If they did just CAV or just warlord or any other of the suggestions I have seen then they are going to lose the interest of those who want other things. I do know that ladystorm (from the Reaper Team) has a thread going where she is compiling data of what people would like to see in bones - "Bones You'd Like to See, thread #2". :;):

• Like 3

Speaking as a ROW backer of KS1 who hasn't received his shipping notification yet... that really wouldn't make much sense. Just be up front about when ROW shipping is going to start so I don't spend months in a state of exhausting anticipation, keep me informed of delays, and I'll be happy.

That being said - without a commitment from Reaper for improved communication I'll likely sit this one out. I've had close to 6 months of lowered productivity because I've been checking 5-6 channels of communication obsessively, and I really can not afford that again. That's not Reaper's fault - it's just the way I react.

That, and if KS2 is anything like KS1 it'll be cheaper, faster, and less frustrating, when you take into account my time, to buy the product from a 3rd party.

• Like 1

I just hope the KS doesn't start next month or early October, he he Going on a weekend trip to Portland, OR in October, need cash for that!!

Hopefully the KS doesn't shut down metal production like the first one has. Bones are nice, but damn do I love seeing metal minis, espically Pathfinder ones.