Sign in to follow this  
MonkeySloth

Bones Kickstarter #2 Pre-discussion

I say ROW gets priority shipping in the next round, then Canada, then domestic. Balance things a bit.

Speaking as a ROW backer of KS1 who hasn't received his shipping notification yet... that really wouldn't make much sense. Just be up front about when ROW shipping is going to start so I don't spend months in a state of exhausting anticipation, keep me informed of delays, and I'll be happy.

That being said - without a commitment from Reaper for improved communication I'll likely sit this one out. I've had close to 6 months of lowered productivity because I've been checking 5-6 channels of communication obsessively, and I really can not afford that again. That's not Reaper's fault - it's just the way I react.

That, and if KS2 is anything like KS1 it'll be cheaper, faster, and less frustrating, when you take into account my time, to buy the product from a 3rd party.

I foresee the next KS running much more smoothly. They now have first-hand (and hard-earned) experience with mass shipments overseas, which means that they should be able to make much better estimates of delivery times. They can do things like organising pick-up trucks and filling out paperwork further ahead of time (which they should get through faster with experience), or perhaps schedule a week before shipping to perform QC checks. Which should all mean that they're spending less time dealing with problems that they're not prepared for, which should lead to better and more consistent communication.

As for what I expect from Bones 2: The Legend of Bryan's Gold, I want my damn frost giants that I was cheated out of last time! Plus the cavalry that were pushed back before, and if there are any CAVs I'd expect to see them in a separate pledge level. Maybe the Chronoscope Bones should have their own pledge as well considering how many people moaned about getting them last time.

• Like 1

I will. If I can find a pot big enough to boil Kaladrax.

ETA - By delivery of ks 2 I mean. Not by its start.

Two words: Turkey Fryer.

I'm trying to find a solution that doesn't cost more than the dragon.

Why is it hard to boil him? he comes in parts. My spaghetti pot will cook him just fine!

Something I hope to see:

Mouselings!

Including mouseling cavalry mounted on kangaroo rats.

And a special mouseling game PDF so they'll have value to more than just collector/painters.

• Like 6

If they do mean all new sculpts as in all new sculpts... and they are talking bigger, I wonder it this will be a lot less minis but bigger ones? Just a few posts ago it was mentioned that they haven't started serious planning yet, but have asked the concept artists for cool designs. I don't feel confident that even Reaper can come up with 200+ minis in a few months. Concepts, maybe... but I'm not going to be as excited about a KS with two hundred concept drawings and only two dozen sculpts.

So I'm hoping for big stuff. Dragons, people riding dragons, dragons having some tea at a small corner bistro, and maybe a dragon with dragon-like qualities as well. Oh, and a dragon would be nice.

Funny you mentioned that (emphasis mine). I have designed a corner bistro for dragons and could really use appropriate minis and set dressing to bring this encounter to life!

Dragons are always nice, requir-, ... essential miniatures. I've been saying this for a long time, and I love to repeat myself whenever necessary regarding this topic. :bday:

I will. If I can find a pot big enough to boil Kaladrax.

ETA - By delivery of ks 2 I mean. Not by its start.

Two words: Turkey Fryer.

I'm trying to find a solution that doesn't cost more than the dragon.

Why is it hard to boil him? he comes in parts. My spaghetti pot will cook him just fine!

Remember, Buglips lives in the cardboard box his minis came in. Not a lot of room for fancy things like spaghetti pots.

I'm glad they gave us some notice, though I am surprised they're jumping into another KS so soon. Personally, I would have preferred they wait until after Christmas. Like, for tax return time. I could do tax return time. Le sigh.

Hopes: mounted minis, horsies, bear-riders, dragon-riders, the works! More translucents, purples, blues, clears, FAIRY WINGS! A living Nethyrmaul, in a pose similar to, but not exactly like, the undead version.

Give me these and I won't bother spending money on Christmas. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

It occurred to me that the first KS attracted a lot of new painters, and the second one is likely to attract even more newbies as word of mouth spreads. I wonder if it would be feasible to include bones learn-to-paint-kits as stretch goals? That might remove a barrier to potential new painters.

• Like 12

you know there hasn't been a whole lot of new releases this year I wonder if they where saving them up for this?

A nice thought, but it's more likely they've just been swamped under the last kickstarter. I really hope they've got their ducks in a row if they expect this one to be bigger! Lessons learned...

It occurred to me that the first KS attracted a lot of new painters, and the second one is likely to attract even more newbies as word of mouth spreads. I wonder if it would be feasible to include bones learn-to-paint-kits as stretch goals? That might remove a barrier to potential new painters.

That would be awesome!
  • Like 2

That would be awesome!
Agreed. I think the thing that's been holding Bones LTPKs back (other than the fulfillment crunch that's been delaying everything else) have been issues with the intended instructional videos, though.