Sign in to follow this  
MonkeySloth

Bones Kickstarter #2 Pre-discussion

Canada's mail hiccups should also be solved.

I'm not so sure. If this KS has taught me anything, it's not to underestimate the ability of Canadians to invent mail hiccups.

(Note: I am not Canadian.)

• Like 1

Unfortunately, we all get the sort of government our bureaucrats and politicians deserve.

And arguably, at least, we get the bureaucrats and politicians we* deserve.

* For some value of "we" that clearly doesn't include me but obviously includes the people I disagree with. ^_^

• Like 2

I would like to see in this ks

-Fantasy and modern/scifi/western/anythingwithguns in different boxes (I hate em guns!)

-more communication

-the last orks from tre and afew other ones that "complete" the sets from ks 1

-translucents.

-animals! Lions and tigers and bears oh my!

-monsters & dragons!

Also I think sendin row first wouldn't be a bad move (I'm in Canada)

• Like 3

Yeppers. I think shogun hit it on the head. Animals & monsters, bandits, translucents, big guys, more Pathfinder, and more communication.

I'd like to submit that a new LTPK would be great too. LTPK1 as is needs updating; the instructions are very poor (there's a lot of assumptions, lots of unclear steps). A DVD or video tutorial along with printed instructions would be fantastic.

However it'd be super if there is a new LTPK, that it include different paint colours. I bought the first 2 LTPKs, and nearly duplicated my Paint Set 1 from the KS. I would rather not have triplicates of those colours.

I would like to see in this ks

-Fantasy and modern/scifi/western/anythingwithguns in different boxes (I hate em guns!)

-more communication

-the last orks from tre and afew other ones that "complete" the sets from ks 1

-translucents.

-animals! Lions and tigers and bears oh my!

-monsters & dragons!

Also I think sendin row first wouldn't be a bad move (I'm in Canada)

I can agree with most of these, but after seeing Anne O'Leary's WIP on some Tre black orcs I definitely have to agree with the bolded line.

More Orcapocalypse, plz!

• Like 3

Well... crap. Between student loans, a major car accident (other guys fault), and a dead furnace, I don't think I'll be in on this one. Besides, I still have 150+ bones to paint!!

Regarding raw numbers of unpainted minis, I look at a Bones KS as if I wandered on here and discovered a 90% off non-liquidation sale. Even if I never paint them I can't say no.

Then again, I already had like 8 grand in unpainted metal before the first KS. So... hmm.

More, please!

• Like 5

Bones II KICKSTARTER Fall 2013

Fall 2014 Dadcubed divorced when box arrives

Edited by Dadcubed
  • Like 7

Agreed, D3...if I don't paint at least one Bones mini that I enjoy there's no way I can pledge for the next KS and live.

Regarding raw numbers of unpainted minis, I look at a Bones KS as if I wandered on here and discovered a 90% off non-liquidation sale. Even if I never paint them I can't say no.

Then again, I already had like 8 grand in unpainted metal before the first KS. So... hmm.

More, please!

So you had 200 figures prior. I believe that is the max, 200......

Hmm, off the top of my head, heres what I hope we see:

Water elementals (clear blue) this time, please!

Shadow monsters (clear dark purple), please!

Stone giants (sized to match the wizkids pathfinder ones), please!

More cloud/ storm giants, please!

More black orcs, bugbears ( to match the one in bones), gnolls (also matching bones), please!

The great big marsh troll king (3553) please please please!

The cave trolls reimaged. Lankier, taller, more defined, please!

Bathalians (including Goroloth), please please please!

Blight Fang, Cinder, Stormwing, Lavawrath, please please please!

Cadirith the demon spider, please!

Some new sphinx, gorgon (iron/clockwork bull), chimera, wyvern, manticore, naga, classic monster types please!

More of the existing demon / devil line, please!

More female monsters, please!

Bloodstone gnomes, especially new sculpts, please!

More big golems, constructs, and clockworks, please!

More little vermin types which DMs can use hordes of (I plan on buying a bunch of the swarm/beetle/scorpion bones when they hit retail.

• Like 1

Well... crap. Between student loans, a major car accident (other guys fault), and a dead furnace, I don't think I'll be in on this one. Besides, I still have 150+ bones to paint!!

Yeah... but you don't have these Bones.

• Like 2

So where are these future funder sig tags coming from that people have?

I think someone made their own graphic, and is allowing people to copy it into their sig. Can't remember who, though....

-Dave

• Like 1

My first thought when I heard of Bones K2 is "They're insane!"

My second thought: "I'm insane!", because I *will* pledge into it.

My ideas for minis:

- The Noseless Reborn : all of those minis without proper noses in K1 get retooled to get proper faces and noses.

- Mythos nose abomination : a slime horror that has *all* the missing noses from K1.

On a more serious note, we don't have a lot of Asian themed/martial artists. No high-kicking monks, no drunken fist, no quick drawing samurai, no sneaky ninjas, etc. And with the rich cultural backgrounds of all other ethnic groups, we have countless ideas to pick from: blade wielding dervish dancers, leopard skin Inca warrior, Mongolian horde rider, lion skin African spear-shield warrior, etc.

• Like 7