Sign in to follow this  
MonkeySloth

Bones Kickstarter #2 Pre-discussion

Regarding raw numbers of unpainted minis, I look at a Bones KS as if I wandered on here and discovered a 90% off non-liquidation sale. Even if I never paint them I can't say no.

Then again, I already had like 8 grand in unpainted metal before the first KS. So... hmm.

More, please!

So you had 200 figures prior. I believe that is the max, 200......

200 is an outlandish number. I have a mere 20. I will be ordering all 20 that come in the next KS so that I increase my total to 20.

• Like 9

Well, keep in mind that they were all "for Reaper" goals, since the individual minis cost them a trivial amount. Every mini produced paid for a mold that they can use for years. Spinning that mold once per backer cost them hardly anything in comparison. Having a few hundred $10,000 molds already paid for is a big deal.

Of course all of those molds say "Made in China", so they won't work for Reaper's own production.

All of the existing molds will need to be redone to work for US production.

So where are these future funder sig tags coming from that people have?

I think someone made their own graphic, and is allowing people to copy it into their sig. Can't remember who, though....

-Dave

I made a general Reaper Supporter graphic. Feel free to link directly to it:

http://www.markshirestudios.com/images/banner_reaper_supporter_2013.jpg

Enjoy.

• Like 2

To add to what others have said, I would like to see traditional D&D style:

Gnolls

Bugbears

Bathalians

Dark elfs (drow)

Duergar

Molds, oozes and puddings

Devil demons

Human berserkers

Equal male / female split of all above. I have daughters and need female monsters.

• Like 6

Well, keep in mind that they were all "for Reaper" goals, since the individual minis cost them a trivial amount. Every mini produced paid for a mold that they can use for years. Spinning that mold once per backer cost them hardly anything in comparison. Having a few hundred $10,000 molds already paid for is a big deal.

Of course all of those molds say "Made in China", so they won't work for Reaper's own production.

All of the existing molds will need to be redone to work for US production.

usually I think that the Made in XXX is an insert that can be changed. Drop one plate out and put in another one with new lettering.

based on how big some of the minis were for Bones 1, I'm thinking dragons and Cathulu, it would be nice to have some vehicles made for the chronscope line perhaps a tank or APC for the futuristic Nova minis or a giant clock work gollum (Warmachine proxy) all made out of the bones material

• Like 2

I have daughters and need female monsters.

You want more kids?! ::P:

Indeed, the little "monsters" have recently seen my painting area. The girls are 3 years old now and have shown interest in painting already like daddy does. Seen some miniature dinosaurs at the local Range (big shop sells lots of cheap stuff) I'm going to pick up so they can start the hobby!

• Like 1

My wish list is mostly defined by what I already have. As 18 months ago I spent an ungodly amount on metal Reaper mini's, I hope the next KS won't include too many Gnolls, Centaur, Lupine or Shaman & Druids (all monstrous races). Also I will hold back my pending Reaper order for more metal until I know what's in KS-II.

On the other hand I would love

- Reven and other beastmen

- mounted figures

- flying mounts

- Goroloth & Bathalians

- translucent water & air elementals

- 20's pulp & CoC heroes

- Pathfinder bad guys

- Dwarfs (I missed the Stonehaven KS)

- maybe add-on sets like the 'Orcpocalyps', 'Undead Horde' or 'Dungeon Attack' with 5 town guard & 5 ruffians, 5 elf archers & 5 elf fighters, 5 dwarf fighters & 5 Dwarf crossbow, 5 Goroloth & 5 Bathalians.

- another Giant Skeleton in another pose

- Living Kaladrax on his treasure mount (let's not call him Smaug). I'd throw down up to $30 for that.

- dragonborn

- large devils & demons

- maybe a dragon?

More as I mull this over.

Edited by Godfather Punk
  • Like 3

At the risk of being lynched.

I was a bit underwhelmed by bones, I think I'm going to stick with resin and metal.