Sign in to follow this  
MonkeySloth

Bones Kickstarter #2 Pre-discussion

They’ve also learned a lot about what does and does not work in Bonesium, they’ve already pulled several SKU from the catalog.

Wait, really? Which ones were pulled?

It's worth noting that the original Nethyrmaul sculpt was larger than the one being produced in bonesium (PVC?) (something about balancing a cost increase from Kaladrax accidentally being bigger than intended). It was easily made smaller because the Bones molds are cut into steal by laser (I believe) - a process handled by computers which can scale the 3D scan of the sculpt in any way you like.

As I understood it, it was not just costs. Both dragons were intended to be the same size. Unfortunately this was understood as, both sculpts need to be the same height. Since one dragon is horizontal and the other vertical the difference in size is quite large. I think either the costs or time to correct this was a bit too much so it wasn´t corrected

They’ve also learned a lot about what does and does not work in Bonesium, they’ve already pulled several SKU from the catalog.

Wait, really? Which ones were pulled?

Inquiring minds wish to know

Here's the list, direct from ladystorm:

Interestingly, there are several figures that we ourselves felt did not translate successfully. Those figures, while included in rewards as promised (including Undertaker/retail pledges), will not be released to distribution.

I don't have the list in front of me, but thought you all might be pleased to hear that we did a critical evaluation and are pre-canceling several items because they consistently do not meet our quality standards.

Bryan asked me to share the list of five.

I did try to match up the part numbers using the website search feature to little success and am on a limited time frame, so I'll let yall run rampant with them instead...

Those numbers translate to:

- Juliette, Female Sorceress

- Townsfolk: Mom & Kids

- Drago Voss, Male Assassin

- Ellen Stone

- Dita, Steampunk Witch

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 3

Days ago, I was bragging to my wife and friends that I wasn't involved in any Kickstarters and that I finally had my habit under control. Then I saw this flyer on facebook. Looks like my son will be paying for his own college.

• Like 17

How about Kally? That was a new sculpt of another mini, but still a new sculpt.

He's on the list. "Kaladrax Reborn." Listed 5th.

I think he's too expensive for them to bother converting to metal. My point is that a large portion of the list can be converted to metal. I doubt all of them will be.

I wonder if they'd produce a limited edition resin Nethyrmaul at the full, original sculpt size. That'd be pretty cool.

• Like 2

How about Kally? That was a new sculpt of another mini, but still a new sculpt.

He's on the list. "Kaladrax Reborn." Listed 5th.

I think he's too expensive for them to bother converting to metal. My point is that a large portion of the list can be converted to metal. I doubt all of them will be.

I wonder if they'd produce a limited edition resin Nethyrmaul at the full, original sculpt size. That'd be pretty cool.

There was some talk of doing exactly that at Reapercon back in April.

No promises though, just an idea that was being discussed.

Those numbers translate to:

- Juliette, Female Sorceress

- Townsfolk: Mom & Kids

- Drago Voss, Male Assassin

- Ellen Stone

- Dita, Steampunk Witch

Juliette is my wife's PF fig right now. Too bad to hear about any of them getting cut, thought they were pretty good. Not sure which one Ellen Stone is though.

Juliette is my wife's PF fig right now. Too bad to hear about any of them getting cut, thought they were pretty good. Not sure which one Ellen Stone is though.

This one.

IMG_4968.JPG

She's not supposed to be an alien. Though I think she'd look pretty good with blue skin.

• Like 5