Sign in to follow this  
MonkeySloth

Bones Kickstarter #2 Pre-discussion

I was going to make the joke that MrsReaperBryan (who I assume dropped the flyers off as she's here on vacation) said that the second kickstarter was for an anti-goblin alarm system to keep Buglips and his trans-am away from the warehouse as well as a chain to keep Martin from ever leaving the paint studio -- but I'm selfish and I want credit for saying so.

We saw her when she dropped them off. She confirmed they would be new sculpts but we couldn't see them. *pout*

I was going to make the joke that MrsReaperBryan (who I assume dropped the flyers off as she's here on vacation) said that the second kickstarter was for an anti-goblin alarm system to keep Buglips and his trans-am away from the warehouse as well as a chain to keep Martin from ever leaving the paint studio -- but I'm selfish and I want credit for saying so.

We saw her when she dropped them off. She confirmed they would be new sculpts but we couldn't see them. *pout*

Just to be clear, did she say what exactly were to be new sculpts? Just the first batch, a la the "Original 30" from the first KS?

Maybe those elusive elves are part of the second kickstarter. For they were really awesome looking concept arts.

• Like 4

Hey, since Drago Voss is getting pulled, can we get him resculpted to match the concept art better? It was such cool art; too bad the figure didn't turn out much like it.

• Like 1

Take my Money!!!!

I think Bones 2: Kickstarter Boogaloo will be better than the first. They learned all the nasty stuff about international shipping, time needed from China, logistics best practices etc.

• Like 1

Hey, since Drago Voss is getting pulled, can we get him resculpted to match the concept art better? It was such cool art; too bad the figure didn't turn out much like it.

Indeed, it will be cool to see what Reaper does based on the lessons they learned from the first KS' sculpts.

Indeed, it will be cool to see what Reaper does based on the lessons they learned from the first KS' sculpts.

Since it would be foolish to think they *won't* get funded (take my piles of cash...) - I'm hoping they start the planning by coming up with the new minis and send them off to get sculpted prior to kicking of the KS - then, as the WIPs or final greens come in, they become the next stretch goal (so we can see what we're getting).

Something (else, beyond a TON of DnD type monsters) I'd like to see - siege equipment, who wouldn't like a couple nice sized catapults, siege tower, ram, Ballista, Trebuchet - perhaps, a steampunk cannon or IMEF/NOVA heavy weapons

• Like 3

I'd love to see a stretch goal which includes those Numenara figures, much like they did with the Pathfinder figures.

I'd also like to second a call for the elves which got pulled from the KS#1 b/c they couldn't be sculpted in time.

• Like 2

My Gun Woman has a small snub nose, so I think she is normal. But I'm really thinking about painting the 2. one I own to paint blue. I like it...

I would really love Warlord Minis.

I just browsed through the Dwarfes and I would buy them in a heartbeat if they were Bones.

And some Gnomes.

And Elves.

And Nefsokar.

Who am I kidding, I would get them all, just as last time.

• Like 1

I want more dungeon dressing. I want BIG pieces of dungeon dressing.

And separate scenic bases. Kaly's base is amazing. Want more of that but on its own.

• Like 9

I just hope they have realistically planned stretch goals set up to at least a million at launch. If they delay announcing them until after they're hit there's gonna be all kinds of nerdrage going.

EDIT: Oh. And I'd like more monsters, less characters. Pretty much.

Edited by araziel
  • Like 2

I just hope they have realistically planned stretch goals set up to at least a million at launch. If they delay announcing them until after they're hit there's gonna be all kinds of nerdrage going.

EDIT: Oh. And I'd like more monsters, less characters. Pretty much.

So by that it sounds like you're thinking Reapers next kickstarter might raise more than $7077 on its first day?

Interesting.

Remember that however the kickstarter starts isn't anywhere near as important as how it ends. Nerdrage or not.

I've no doubt that by the end of it all the backers will be more than happy with the value they received for their pledge.

I do agree about more monsters and fewer characters.

I want more dungeon dressing. I want BIG pieces of dungeon dressing.

And separate scenic bases. Kaly's base is amazing. Want more of that but on its own.

++ to this. I really don't have interest in human sized, or smaller, figs in bones but scenery and awesome set prices would get me interested in KS #2.