Bones Kickstarter #2 Pre-discussion

MonkeySloth

I just hope they have realistically planned stretch goals set up to at least a million at launch. If they delay announcing them until after they're hit there's gonna be all kinds of nerdrage going.

please..

you really think they are gonna add stretch goals at the last minute ?

they had at least a year to plan them

• Like 1

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

please..

you really think they are gonna add stretch goals at the last minute ?

they had at least a year to plan them

Gods curse and frak it all, Goblyn, I can't tell when you're being aarcastic anymore and it's really pissing me off. :devil:
  • Like 5

I think the pace of the revealing in the first KS was just about perfect. Bryan had stated that they had stretch goals worked out from the very beginning to the 4,000,000 mark. I think they have that portion of the KS worked out very well, so well that a lot of successful kickstarters followed the same format.

Yep. I quite liked the pace of reveals, and the hints and changes in the map path kept me coming back to see what was happening.

I am sure that Reaper will plan this campaign's goals well in advance as well.

Hmm. Both ideas about reveals have merit. In the end, I don't think it matters. Personally, I would keep it the same. I have friends that really regret missing the first one. If this one looks like the same format, there will be an assumption that things will go the same way with this oe.

What really has me curious is whether ROW backers from last time will be happy with the first go around and tuck into this one.

I'm from Germany and I will happily take part in a second Bones Kickstarter (and I have only good things to say about the first one).

I really liked the way stretch goals were revealed and I think they could do worse than stick to that.

I'm glad to hear this. I know there was some challenges towards the end. I hope that once people get there Bones in hand, they understand that a KickStarter that went to this magnitude will have mistakes happen and everyone deserves a chance to correct them.

Think of our planning like sticky notes on a wallboard. A particular minis group might bet pushed sooner or later in the project, to suit demand and intrigue. But we had everything written out, and for the most part, the art, ready in advance - if changes needed to be made, we'd just retype the text and make a new graphic.

I think you will see many similarities in terms of style, because a great deal of what we did worked well, and a few new things, because a few things we did had not worked so well.

I nearly forgot some of my wishes.

Sci-Fi Minis, especially some nice Aliens.

Power-Armored Humans.

More Lovecraftian goodness.

Vehicles in a matching scale (WWII, Modern, Futuristic).

That would really improve my Savage Worlds scenarios.

• Like 1

I think you will see many similarities in terms of style, because a great deal of what we did worked well, and a few new things, because a few things we did had not worked so well.

Good morning Mister ReaperBryan,

Since you are willing to tease/torture us with hints like these, any idea when it will start?

Cheers!

Can we get a Buglips promotional figure in the next Kickstarter? I would pledge in just for one of those.

EDIT: Oooh! You could do a diorama that included an angel armed with a baseball bat chasing him!

Edited by Girot
  • Like 10

Think of our planning like sticky notes on a wallboard. A particular minis group might bet pushed sooner or later in the project, to suit demand and intrigue. But we had everything written out, and for the most part, the art, ready in advance - if changes needed to be made, we'd just retype the text and make a new graphic.

I'm clearing off and reserving a platinum credit card, just for this KS since it is gonna be like the last one. I'm totally a KS junky. Lord help me if it is crammed full of monsters, beasties, siege equipment and other things I want (don't really care about character figures), may need a black amercian express card for that...

Good morning Mister ReaperBryan,

Since you are willing to tease/torture us with hints like these, any idea when it will start?

Cheers!

I have the first planning meeting (wherein we will settle on the models for the initial offering and stretch goals, and theme, level names, and art style) on my calendar. I know I then have a few days to make art for approval so we can begin the project approval process. I'd anticipate several weeks, but refuse to pin down a date, in case something happens to alter the intended schedule.