Bones Kickstarter #2 Pre-discussion

MonkeySloth

Where's the problem? After all it is known you can't have more than 200 minis at any given time.

No....that's 20. I can't imagine someone having 200. I had 20 before the kickstarter. Then I got the 20 from the vampire set and extras....now I have 20. It's a beautiful paradox really!

• Like 4

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's the problem? After all it is known you can't have more than 200 minis at any given time.

No....that's 20. I can't imagine someone having 200. I had 20 before the kickstarter. Then I got the 20 from the vampire set and extras....now I have 20. It's a beautiful paradox really!

Yes, I've 20 too. I had 20 before the kickstarter, got 20 from the 2x vampire & extras.... To add up to a grand total of 20.

Funnily enough I've got 20 bottles of paint too...

• Like 5

Not gonna lie, super-exited. I'm gonna get as many of the Vamp-style boxes as I can afford, and then trade out any Sophie-style things, if that's an option again, for large monsters like the dragons. I'm hoping I can do 3-400$, although if the pledge manager is open until after Chrismas, that might hit 500 - ideally I can get 3 Vamp boxes and any dragons offered, plus some paints. If it closes before christmas/my birthday (they're the same day, so I get a pretty large cash infusion, but only once a year) I'll still try to hit 400+ - nothing but Aldi carrots and discount chicken for me, I suppose - but as an unemployed college student skimming off my 200$ a month food budget it'll be tight. I've already got 200, though, and I'll have 300 on Oct. 1... maybe this will work!

I do want to get one of the paint sets (the ones with 52 paints). I'm looking fowards to this - I missed the first one by about a month, but I ordered maybe 100$ of the minis, and they're great. I'm using them for a club, so I think 3 sets should be pretty good to lend out, though I'm hoping thing'sll be a little lighter on PCs this time around - I like the ones they came out with last time, but I bought about 30 of them, and I feel like it's given me a good representation of races and classes. Only things I really feel like I need are more orcs/lizardmen/other groups that I can use to murderate my players, and large monsters - all I've currently got is a gryphon, and he's only here to represent one of the NPC group's griffons. Big Sistah needs her dragons - Little Sis can have the stupid smelly humans!

Also, I'm really hoping for wolves. The pewter wolves aren't a bad price, per se - I might get a set of them, after the KS is done and I've ordered my paints and some more of last KS's Bones. But I need lots of wolves. LOTS of wolves. Like twenty.

...and a bear.

...and a roc.

• Like 4

Being stored in the same building as paint counts as painted, right?

Having the same minis that others have painted counts, Shirley! I know, I know, don't call you surely.

That sounds pretty definitive to me. I believe that makes all my minis painted. ::):

Of course I also believe that one day I'll win the lottery, that if I met Evangeline Lilly I'd totally have a chance, that J.J. Abrams is the best choice to direct the new Star Wars movies, and that I'll be able to limit my backing of the Bones II kickstarter and not go crazy picking everything like I did in the first one.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 4

I seriously think that my figmentia has become more serious because of minis either being limited edition or becoming OOP. I end up buying minis that I am likely to want to paint, with little regard for how quickly I am likely to paint them.

Reaper KS1 brought me a boat load of minis. I imagine KS2 will probably net me a large number of minis as well. I'm in no hurry for KS2. It'll arrive when it arrives.