Bones Kickstarter #2 Pre-discussion

MonkeySloth

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I just find the Bestsellers list a bit weird. Especially given how much griping I heard about the familiars. This is probably why Reaper only half-listens to us, because the stats prove different things from what's vocally expressed.

"We don't want familiars! They're icky and small!"

*Familiars on bestseller list*

Reaperbryan: "You kids don't know what you want! That's why you're still kids, because you're stupid!"

• Like 13

I'm going by the rack deals for retailers, along with the sense that Reaper won't Bones a model if it ain't gonna sell higher numbers. I could be wrong, but we'll see. I'm not requesting Bathalians in Bones after buying the metal ones already. If there is enough demand from newer hobbyists, I could see Reaper doing it, but I'm doubtful.

I'm still probably not going into the second kickstarter. I've got enough Bones for now. If I see one I like down the road from the 2nd kickstarter, I'll just add it to the online basket like anything else.

Newer people to the hobby should go crazy for Bones. They might start to catch up on us old heads numbers of great models.

Got enough Bones?

Not sure what you mean

Edited by Beagle
  • Like 1

I'm going by the rack deals for retailers, along with the sense that Reaper won't Bones a model if it ain't gonna sell higher numbers. I could be wrong, but we'll see. I'm not requesting Bathalians in Bones after buying the metal ones already. If there is enough demand from newer hobbyists, I could see Reaper doing it, but I'm doubtful.

I'm still probably not going into the second kickstarter. I've got enough Bones for now. If I see one I like down the road from the 2nd kickstarter, I'll just add it to the online basket like anything else.

Newer people to the hobby should go crazy for Bones. They might start to catch up on us old heads numbers of great models.

Got enough Bones?

Not sure what you mean

I missed that. Universal translator must be busted. Because it sounded like "got enough Bones", but we know that's impossible. Why, I have to replenish my Brown Liner again and the only problem I have is not whether to buy more Bones, but which ones.

• Like 2

I'm not requesting Bathalians in Bones after buying the metal ones already.

By that logic I shouldn't request any Lupine, Centaurs, Undead and any other mini for which I paid the iron price all these years ago. ^_^

There's no logic in what I'm doing. That's absurd. It all comes down to taste, and I prefer chewing on pewter.

• Like 1

Yeah, I just find the Bestsellers list a bit weird. Especially given how much griping I heard about the familiars. This is probably why Reaper only half-listens to us, because the stats prove different things from what's vocally expressed.

"We don't want familiars! They're icky and small!"

*Familiars on bestseller list*

Reaperbryan: "You kids don't know what you want! That's why you're still kids, because you're stupid!"

1: the forum users, while easy to reach, very vocal, and confident in Their needs, do not necessarily reflect the buying habits and usage patterns of our typical consumer. Thus we actively seek their input, and then run it through other perception filters, like sales data.

2:plenty of adults are stupid, too.

The thing to keep in mind on a lot of figures is why they might not be on the top 100 list. Dragons for example will never get there in metal. Not because no one wants dragons, but at $50+ for a dragon, most people buy just one and then sub it for all the different dragons they might need (that REALLY is a green dragon, it is just fall...so the scales have turned color and it looks red). In Bones, I would not be surprised if a couple of the dragons make it into top 100 or even top 50 sales volumes.

The same applies to a lot of other bigger items like giants and what not. Very good looking sculpts, but metal prices make it more likely to buy 2 or 3 giants and have them count as any giant you might need from Storm to Frost. Lower prices though allow someone to pick up a few of each flavor.

So, while the metal top 100 lists are good for seeing what will also sell in Bones, many things not on the list would be helped by switching to Bones because the lower price point will allow to fit them into their hobby budget where previously they were not able to justify the purchase.

• Like 2