Bones Kickstarter #2 Pre-discussion

MonkeySloth

You summed up my take on them. I can remain a metal snob and buy big models in Bones that I want to use. Really everyone wins. My reluctance to join the next kickstarter is from not even knowing what Reaper will put up. I really hope to see them seduce me back in. I just don't need a Vampire Box--I could be persuaded for some big monsters.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going by the rack deals for retailers, along with the sense that Reaper won't Bones a model if it ain't gonna sell higher numbers. I could be wrong, but we'll see. I'm not requesting Bathalians in Bones after buying the metal ones already. If there is enough demand from newer hobbyists, I could see Reaper doing it, but I'm doubtful.

I'm still probably not going into the second kickstarter. I've got enough Bones for now. If I see one I like down the road from the 2nd kickstarter, I'll just add it to the online basket like anything else.

Newer people to the hobby should go crazy for Bones. They might start to catch up on us old heads numbers of great models.

The thing to keep in mind on a lot of figures is why they might not be on the top 100 list. Dragons for example will never get there in metal. Not because no one wants dragons, but at $50+ for a dragon, most people buy just one and then sub it for all the different dragons they might need (that REALLY is a green dragon, it is just fall...so the scales have turned color and it looks red). In Bones, I would not be surprised if a couple of the dragons make it into top 100 or even top 50 sales volumes.

The same applies to a lot of other bigger items like giants and what not. Very good looking sculpts, but metal prices make it more likely to buy 2 or 3 giants and have them count as any giant you might need from Storm to Frost. Lower prices though allow someone to pick up a few of each flavor.

So, while the metal top 100 lists are good for seeing what will also sell in Bones, many things not on the list would be helped by switching to Bones because the lower price point will allow to fit them into their hobby budget where previously they were not able to justify the purchase.

I agree I have been trying to collect all the giant dragons from reaper and so far have only managed to pick up Gauth that my local comic store had in stock for a WHILE. If they are doing bigger models for KS 2: Secret Of The Ooze I would really like bones models of Gauth, Verocithrax, Marthrangul, Blightfang, and all the other giant dragons I would get every single one of them.

I kept asking for Gauth in the first kickstarter and Reaper replied wouldn't I rather have something bigger and better... And we ended up with Nethy and Kaliy, which wasn't too shabby.

Still would like to see Gauth make an appearance in the 2nd KS though.

I kept asking for Gauth in the first kickstarter and Reaper replied wouldn't I rather have something bigger and better... And we ended up with Nethy and Kaliy, which wasn't too shabby.

Wouldn't you rather have something bigger and better?

So, if we're getting (almost) all new figures, does that mean we'll be looking at a bunch of concept art instead of greens and other figures? I wonder how that'll affect the KS, since they certainly won't have time to commission a couple hundred new sculpts.

EDIT: And for that matter, how long does it take to commission concept art?

Edited by Slendertroll

So, if we're getting (almost) all new figures, does that mean we'll be looking at a bunch of concept art instead of greens and other figures? I wonder how that'll affect the KS, since they certainly won't have time to commission a couple hundred new sculpts.

EDIT: And for that matter, how long does it take to commission concept art?

Maybe they're already commissioning at least some of the new sculpts that they want to be able to produce?

Wouldn't you rather have something bigger and better?

Did we just get teased hard?